ZenxReader ~ By Your Side

Request By: MysticLucy

Your POV:

A sigh left my lips as I closed the soon to be finished book and placed it to the side of me. I rested my head against the soft, tan fabric of the couch that was originally in Zen's old place and closed my eyes.

Today is Monday, but it was only Saturday when my husband, Zen, and I were able to move all our stuff into our new house. The small semi-basement Zen had owned previously was getting to small for us. So we decided on moving out about seven months ago, but we never got around to it due to Zen's acting career that had recently taken off.

However a big surprise made us have to move out. That surprise was our little unknown, at the time, son who was three months grown.

I open my eyes again, picking my head up, and I glance around the new house. Everything was baby proof. Outlets were covered, cabinets had locks, doors had baby proof handles, gates were pretty much everywhere. In the corner of the living room, on the ground next to the new flat screen and coffee table, two boxes decorated with white clouds sat. They were filled with many baby toys. Next to the couch were I sat, was an automatic baby rocker.

Thoughts about the how different my and Zen's life will be when the baby comes started to consume me. Being a good parent is usually every soon-to-be mother and father's worry, but mine is different.

Tomorrow is the babies due date.

The thought of being a good or bad parent will determine the future for the child was my worry when I first found out about my child. However, as the days ticked down my mine traveled to actually having my child. Many mothers have died in this process and the pain looks unbearable, THAT is what my worry is.

"Going back to your worries." An all too familiar voice said, snapping me back to reality.

I look to where the voice was coming from, and I saw my husband walking toward me. A weak smile appeared on my face, as Zen sat next to me.

"Yeah." I answer back.

"I don't think there's anything I can say to make that go away, huh." Zen replied.

I stayed silent, but nodded my head agreeing that there is most likely nothing he can say to make me stop worrying.

"If you think about it, you get a little baby in reward for all the pain." Zen said with a hopeful smile.

"What if something goes horribly wrong, Zen? To me or our son?" I whispered out of fear.

Zen put an arm around me, gently pulling me closer to him. I rested my head on Zen's chest and let my huge stomach lay on his leg. Tears were starting to fall from my eyes as my mind thought even more horrible things that have a possibility of happening.

"Shh. Don't cry. I'll make sure those things don't happen." Zen whispered back, wiping my tears away.

"How can you be sure? I know if you had control of how things will happen, that everything will be okay. But you don't." I replied, getting slightly louder as I spoke.

Zen didn't answer. Instead, he looked down to my stomach and started to lightly rub it with one hand. My eyes, now with only a few tears, followed his hand as it moved in circles. I watched until he stopped with his hand right below my belly button, then I looked up to his bright red eyes.

"I promise I will never leave your side. I promised that at our wedding, didn't I?" Zen said, smiling at the thought of our wedding.

"Yes. You did promise that, and so did I." I answered.