JihyunxReader ~ Birthday Spent With You

Your POV:

"V! Come on!" I yell into the kitchen from the living room.

I sat on the couch after placing my boyfriend's gift on the coffee table in front of me. Today was V's birthday, but instead of having a party with the rest of RFA, V wanted to spend today with me. Although the other members really wanted to spend today with V, V decided on celebrating with everyone tomorrow.

"What do you need?" V asks, walking into the living room.

"For you." I cheerfully said, motioning towards the gift on the table.

V smiled as he walked over and sat next to me. I reached out for the gift and gave it to my boyfriend.

"Thank you Y/n. You didn't have to." V said, taking the gift.

I smiled as V started to open the gift. It was only a few seconds before all the wrapping paper was off, and V was staring at the gift I got for him. It was a new camera that was only just released to the public and it was in limited quantity.

"Do you like it?" I asked, since I couldn't tell from his plain expression.

"Like it? I love it!" V exclaimed with a big smile on his face. "How did you get it though? This camera is so expensive."

"I've been saving up a lot of money for the past few years to buy a new house, but I'm okay with the apartment I live in now. Especially since you live on the floor above me. I used that money to buy the camera for you, since you mean so much to me." I smiled at my boyfriend.

V carefully put the box down on the table and started opening it. It didn't take V long before he had the camera put together, but he abruptly stopped.

"Y/n, why did you buy this camera, specifically?" V looked at me with full curiosity.

"It was only a few days ago that your eyes fully recovered from the surgery, and I thought you might want to have a fresh start with a new camera." I answered with a smile.

V leaned over to me and kissed my cheek.

"Thank you. I love you." V whispered before shifting his attention back to his new camera.

I watched as V started to play around with the camera. He would play with the settings, take a few pictures, then readjust the settings again.  V continued to play with the settings until he was satisfied.

"V we should go outside, and you can take some pictures." I suggested.

"Let me get a few things ready first." V smiled and went into the other room.

~~~~

V and I spent all day walking around the park and lakes. I watched as V took pictures of everything. He took pictures animals, plants, trees.

Throughout the day, I've been seeing V's camera flash go off in my direction. I assumed that he was taking pictures of me when I was not looking or didn't have my full attention on him. Not wanting to ruin his fun, I don't say anything and continue to let him take a few pictures of me.

It wasn't long before the sun was setting, and we stopped at the new part of the park. There wasn't much, but there was a small lake, a few trees, and a very open area. The sun was at the perfect spot, just above the lake on the horizon, making the whole sky an orange and pink color. V started to walk over to the lake, so I followed him.

V was quick to get the perfect shot of the amazing view. Even though V has only just recently got back into photography, his photos were astonishing. It was like V never stopped doing photography. V and I stood by the lake, hand in hand, watching as the sun was slowly starting to set.

"Y/n." V suddenly started. "I love you so much. I don't know what I ever did to deserve all the love and support that you have given me, but thank you. If you weren't here then I probably would be fully blind and still stuck in a toxic relationship."

Tears started to form and fall from V's eyes. It wasn't that long ago that I was finally able to persuade V to move on from Rika. V's sight was getting worse and worse with every passing day, so when V was able to realize that getting eye surgery was best for him, everyone in RFA was ecstatic. V still has scars, invisible or not, from the relationship he had with Rika, so whenever the slightest thing about her appears, V breaks down and will sometimes get very sentimental.

"I just want to know why you stayed by my side this whole time." V continued.

"Because I love you." I answered with a smile. "I love you with all my heart."

I brought my hand up to V's face and dried the tears that were falling and the tears that were forming.

"I love you too, Y/n." V's crying slowed.

I wrapped my arms, lightly, around V's neck, as V did the same around my waist. There was only a small space between us, so V was quick to close it. V pressed his lips against mine, as I did the same. Our kiss wasn't very long, but it was still loving.

"Come on. It's late we should go back to our homes." V said breaking the kiss.

"You're right. Happy birthday, V." I replied before kissing his cheek and walking home together.

~~~~~~~~
A/n: I hope you enjoyed!

Today is V's birthday(September 9)!
Requests are open.