Foreword

This is for you, who stumbled upon my book and graciously decided to take it upon yourself to grace its chapters with your presence. For that, I thank you.

Now, let me tell you a story, dear reader.

Once upon a time, in a land far, far, away...

Hit pause. There we go.

Now, I'm not going to bore you with a long, treacherous foreword — one that I know most of you will skip over anyway. Poor you, you miss the tiny details that happen to be important if you wish to maximize your reading experience — tiny details I will mention here, and only here.

1. Disclaimer. I do not own the characters, despite however much I may wish I did. They belong to Hiro Mashima, while the storyline belongs to me.

2. Music comes with each chapter. Listening to the songs will boost your reading experience, especially those of the chapters with the triple asterisks: ***. For chapters with the aforementioned symbol, listening to the provided song is highly recommended.

3. Last but not least, always know I appreciate your feedback. I appreciate it, very much so, be it positive or negative. It helps greatly when I'm editing and such. However, please keep overly negative comments to yourself. Haters, the world doesn't need your crap — and I ain't gonna take it.

Now that we've covering basic housekeeping, let's try again.

Once upon a time, in a land far, far away, there lived a princess

Once upon a time, in a land far, far away, there lived a princess. She'd abandoned her jewels and luxuries, but she was still happy. Because she had her friends. She had her new family — who cared for her more than her real one ever did — and because she had him. She had her dragon, his heart hers for the keeping, and vice versa.

Or so she thought. All too soon, it became too clear that her feelings were not reciprocated — rather, his fondness had disappeared, leaving only ashes, hatred, and a broken heart.

She could not stand by — could not stand to watch the heart that had once belonged to her in the embrace of another. And so she set off, joined by four others with hearts as empty as hers and souls just as shattered, to find herself.

Not protected by the arms of another, but to find her own, true self.

Welcome to Her.

This is the story of lost dreams and broken promises, of sad girls with big hearts and futures in flames burning out.

Five, of millions.