1 | Flashbacks

Before I get into things... this chapter is a really long chapter full of JUST flashbacks that I feel like are important to know. Not all chapters will be this long! Also, Courtney and Andrew will NOT be in this book. I repeat, Courtney and Andrew will NOT be in this book. I love both of them deeply, but I know y'all like raura so... no hate to either person, and you shouldn't hate them either because like, what the hell have they done to you? (besides take a away a possible ship that may never happen?) ((also, do not answer what I just asked, I don't want hate))

Also, I just want to thank everyone who's supported me through my previous books and now this one. Whether you're new or you've been around for awhile, thank you. I couldn't be here without any of you, I love you so so so so so much. And I feel like I don't say that enough, but I seriously love you all so much and am so thankful for each and every one of you. I'm still in awe over your amazing support. I hope you all know how important you are to me <3
Enjoy💜

If This Is Love: 1 | Flashbacks
| Laura Renae |

| September 6th, 2007 |

"Have fun both of you!" My mom shouts. Ellington and I stop dead in our tracks. "Love you both!" We heard her car take off seconds later. Glancing up at my big brother, his face was tinted red, most likely mirroring my own. He shakes his head a few times before continuing walking, making me speed up to stay beside him.

"What classes do you have tonight?" I ask Ell. He opens the door for me, allowing me to go first before following behind me and walking me to our normal cubbies.

"Uh, I think jazz and hip hop? I don't know, I might skip hip hop and go to the boyz crew, I just need to talk to Miss Tiff." He quickly explains.

"I have technique and then jazz today." I pout. I love having my lyrical or contemporary classes the best, only because I'm better at slowed down flexible type routines. Ellington chuckles and ruffles my hair. "What time is it?" I ask, tying my hair back.

"Six forty. Better get to your technique class, little sis." Groaning the slightest, I pull down my spandex shorts a little and walk off.

"Ten to twelve jazz mixed class?" Miss Tiff calls out. I walk over to the side, standing against the wall. We just had a recital for family members last weekend so we were about to learn all new routines, something I hate. I wish I could just be born with all my dances memorized. Life would be so much easier.

"How old are you?" A boy asks me. He had on a normal t-shirt with basketball shorts, his blonde hair spiked up, and his converse untied. Typical boy look.

"Eleven." I reply, shrugging my shoulders. I have never seen this boy before. His eyes widen after I say my age.

"Holy cow, you're eleven? You're like... a little bean." He tells me. My eyebrows furrow. Is that a compliment or a put down? "I mean, you kind of resemble a little bean because you're so... you're so short and tiny..." He mumbles. He shakes his head before laughing a little. "I'm Ross. My family just over here a month ago." He holds his hand out, which I take without hesitation, along with a wide smile on my face. I love making new friends.

"Laura." I tell him. "And I guess the height stuff just didn't hit me." I say, laughing the slightest. "Welcome to L.A.." I add.