28 | Don't Stop, Keep Going

If This Is Love: 28 | Don't Stop, Keep Going
| Laura Renae |

| A Week Later (July 21st, 2017) |

"Thank you for coming with me." Ross says, looking at me through the hotel bathroom mirror. Earlier this morning, Ross and I hopped on a flight from Oregon to Comic Con here in San Diego for Ross to do a little q&a with some of the cast, and I guess walk the red carpet that he's forcing me to walk with him. "I know you'd rather be studying for your finals." I shrug my shoulders as I finish with a curl.

"Hey, I've only got three more nights with you before I'm off to Atlanta for my movie. I've got to spend as much time with you as possible." I tell him. "And I studied on the hour and a half flight and I also studied while you met Marc for a coffee across the street. And I'll study either tonight before bed or after we look around for a bit." Today and tonight, all he's doing is walking the red carpet and doing the small q&a and then we're staying until mid day tomorrow to look around before headingt back to L.A. where I have one night before my finals.

"Can I hold your hand for photos?" He asks me. I suck in a breath as I wrap a chunk of hair around my curling iron. "I'm taking that as a no." He mumbles, crossing his arms over his bare chest.

"Maybe the next event we go to, just not this one. It's only been like, two months." I tell him, setting down my curling iron. He was upset, I knew that much, but just like his little commitment issues that he's working on, I'm working on my fear of going public with our relationship. "Don't give me that look." I whisper, grabbing onto his wrists. He didn't give up a fight as I pull them away from his chest and let them fall to his sides. I take a step forward and place my hands flat against his chest, making my head tilt up so I could still make eye contact with him. He sighs and looks down, his gaze staying on my eyes. "I can't have our relationship stealing the thunder of you and your amazing film." I say.

"Did you seriously just use a friends reference?" He asks me with an eye roll. I raise my eyebrows, a little impressed that he actually remembered the you stole my thunder reference. I mean, I have forced him to watch friends episodes with me for as long as I can remember, yet he still hasn't seen every episode of the whole series.

"When I'm done rewatching friends, you and I are going to start from episode one and watch every single episode together until the very last one." I say, my eyes narrowing before the first word even came out.

"Don't change the subject, little bean." He replies, narrowing his eyes right back at me.

"Why does it even matter if we hold hands? It's not like we'd show each other off a lot because your not into the whole PDA stuff unless you're drunk, high or we're alone." I tell him quietly.

"That's not true." He immediately replies. "I like holding your hand and I do it in front of people all the time." He tells me. "And you don't like PDA either." He adds.

"Not making out PDA, but like... a peck here and there wouldn't hurt. A hug? Heck, walk with your arm around my shoulders for more than a minute?" I say.

"Okay I'll do all that if we can hold hands tonight." I sigh and shake my head a little, earning an irritated sigh from him. "Can I at least have my hand on your waist?" He asks me.

"Upper back only, please." I say, a sweet smile on my face. "I promise once we're in here I'm all yours." My eyes widen the slightest at how my words most likely suggested we'd be having sex, when in reality we most definitely weren't. Well, I mean... you never know, I guess.