20 | Irritated

I decided to skip out on writing about Wisconsin for a few reasons. One being I've never been and I do not feel like doing research on what the visited while being there. I know absolutely nothing about the dance recital or what day exactly it was, so that'd be hard too, but please don't be too upset. But hey, I think this chapter is still pretty good...
Enjoy💜

If This Is Love: 20 | Irritated
| Laura Renae |

| Two Weeks Later (June 13th, 2017) |

For the past three days the entire band, plus our main guitar tech Jeff, have been running through our setlist once, then redoing a few songs that we felt were a bit rough and unprepared. Genuinely, we'd be in our rehearsal space from anywhere between 6:00-9:30 at night, sometimes 7:00-10:00 at night. Lately, I've been crashing with Ross at Mark and Stormie's, occasionally the two of us crash at my parents' place, sometimes even my brother and sisters. But mostly Stormie and Mark because Rocky set up a temporary mini studio in the front room and plus, Ry's there.

"Yo, Renae, stop zoning out over there and come in when you're suppose to." The sound of Rocky's voice and my name being me out of my thought and I jerk my head in his direction, seeing a smirk on his face. Sighing, I take out my right in-ear.

"Hundred bucks she's thinking about Ross." Rydel then chimes in.

"Give whoever you bet a hundred bucks because I wasn't thinking about Ross." I tell her.

"Ouch." I hear Ross mumble into his mic. Before I could even apologize for my somewhat rude remark towards Rydel, mostly for Ross because he seamed genuinely upset, Riker's loud and over exaggerated groan goes through the mic and into my single in-ear that I had shoved in my ear. Just like everyone else, we always kept a single in ear in our ear between songs to hear the feedback or whatever.

"Quit being dramatic, Riker. We literally just got here." Rydel tells him, shoving her in-ear back in.

"And somehow we already have donuts and Starbucks, again." I chuckle a little at Riker's frustration. He's a little tuff when it comes to rehearsal, but I think that's a good thing considering we need some structure here.

"From the top, and remember to come in, bean." Ross says. Not even five minutes later, all of us are doing our down thing. Ross is folded in half on the floor while on his laptop, Riker was over talking with Jeff, Rocky was messing with his foot panel, I was trying to figure out the damn cords to Trading Time so I could nail it without being uncertain or looking, Rydel was scrolling through her phone while sitting on her stool, and Ellington was messing around on Ross' guitar.

Groaning, I give up and take my other in-ear out, walking behind Rydel and heading to Ross. He was on his knees with one elbow propped up and holding his chin up while the other scrolled through whatever he was looking at, if that made any sense. Nonetheless, he looked cute. -(picture that one r5tv when rocky gave him a wedgie and he was laying like that)- Without warning, I go on my knees and lay my stomach on top of him, wrapping my arms around his neck and planting a kiss on his cheek.

"Whatcha doing?" I ask him. Before he could even answer me, Rydel awes from behind me.

"Aw, look at how cute you two are." And that's when I knew she was filming us. "Just the cutest of the cutest." Rolling my eyes, I get off Ross and stand up, giving her my best, I'm not impressed look.