2 | This Really Fucking Hurts

Don't get too excited, this chapter isn't really the length it says it is...
Enjoy💜

If This Is Love: 2 | This Really Fucking Hurts
| Laura Renae |

| January 6th, 2017 |

Creeping down the hallway, I keep my eyes glued on Ross' bedroom door. It was close to three in the morning and for some reason, I've been tossing and turning in my bed with a few things on my mind, one being moving houses. Rocky has met with our recent realtor and she's already set up a few house tours for the four of us to go on, and I'm a little nervous that I won't like living with Rocky, Ross and Ry. I won't have my brother or Rydel, so I'd be living with unsanitary men. Shaking my head off my disgusting thoughts, I slowly opening up Ross' bedroom door. Surprisingly, he was awake.

"Can't sleep?" He asks, his voice soft. He had his laptop in his lap, which was also a surprise because he hasn't been using his laptop all that much.

"Nope." I reply, making my way over to his bed. He quickly shuts his laptop and set sit beside him on the nightstand. I take my glasses off and get under his covers, even scooting closer to him so he could wrap me up in his arms so I could fall asleep in seconds. But Ross didn't move, didn't grab my waist or my arms, he didn't even touch me at all. "Are we not going to sleep?" I ask.

"Look..." He starts, shifting around. He turns on his lamp and then sits up even more in his bed, completely facing my body. Just so I could actually be able to see his face clearly, I reach for my glasses on his other nightstand and shove them on my face. "You know how I had a date the other day?" He asks. Slowly nodding, I was about to open my mouth to tell him he never gave me the details, but he held his finger up. "The date went good, and that's what I want to talk about."

"Okay, so the date went good. How good is good? What'd you do?" I ask, growing a bit excited. Ross' smile widens. Aw, I love it when he smiles.

"Amazing." He breathes out. "I uh, we actually went out the next day, and then the day after that we hung around her apartment she shares with her two cousins." He slowly explains. Again, I nod my head, not really understanding what he's trying to tell me. "I asked her to be my girlfriend earlier today when we hung out." He says. I nod my head a little. Does he want to be congratulated or something? I was waiting for him to say more, but he just sat there, staring at me with his guilty look on his face and in his eyes.

"Congrats?" I question, not really sure on what I'm suppose to say to him. I'm glad you have a significant other? Like what the hell? Ross sighs and runs his fingers through his hair. "I'm sorry, I don't know what you want me to say, Ross." I mumble.

"But I know what I have to say." He whispers, looking down at his lap. Furrowing my eyebrows out of total confusion, I sit up a little straighter and start to mess with my fingers.

"What do you have to say?" I ask, my voice barely above a whisper.

"We can't... we can't do some things that we do now anymore." He starts.

"What do we do now that we can't do anymore?" I ask, still completely confused. He sighs, completely nervous and most importantly, completely guilty. He didn't talk for a minute, which made my chest ache. This hurts.

"This." He then says. My head drops and my gaze gets fixed on my lap, staring at the gorgeous ring Ross bought me years ago for my birthday. That I still haven't taken off. "Sleeping in the same bed... cuddling in the same bed... pretty much everything we do that's more intimate than being friends." His voice was soft, almost like he knew he was hurting me. Well, he most definitely is hurting me.