3 | Heartache

Just want to shoutout Taylorjg15 FOR LEGIT BEING THE BIGGEST HELP/BEST PERSON EVER!!!! THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!!!
Enjoy💜

If This Is Love: 3 | Heartache
| Laura Renae |

Well, the shower did not help my puffy eyes go down at all. Sighing, I take my time changing into my clothes I had grabbed before my shower and didn't bother putting any makeup on my gross face. But I did blow dry and throw it back in my usual low messy bun. Keeping my glasses on, I walk right out the bathroom door and into the kitchen where everybody still was.

"Guess who we're meeting tomorrow night?" Riker says to me with a giant smirk on his face. I glance in Ross' direction, seeing nothing but a love struck smile on his face as he stared at his hands.

"I'd have to guess Brianna." I say, putting a fake smile on my face. Riker laughs and nods his head as he eats the rest of my bagel I left behind before my shower. "Great, I'd love to meet her." Shit, the pain is back. "I'm going to be outback if anybody needs me." I add, grabbing my phone I left out here and heading for the back door. As soon as it shut, I let out a shaky breath and sit down on our patio furniture bench swing. There's no way in hell I could meet Brianna tomorrow. No fucking way. She's stealing Ross away from me. Pretty soon I'll be chopped liver to him. Maybe I could say I have something going on with my mom? But then Ellington would say I'm lying... I jump as someone else opens the back door.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." I glance up at Ross, giving him my best somewhat real smile. "Are you okay?" He asks, sitting down beside me on the swing. "You seam a little... off." He adds. I look down at my lap and mess with my fingers the slightest.

"I'm fine." I tell him, closing my eyes.

"Bean, if there's something bothering you," He places his hand on my thigh, causing this... this weird tingly sensation to shoot up my leg and into my heart. My heart is beating so fast. Am I nervous? "you can always tell me. I'm still your best friend." I take a deep breath and try to concentrate on his words. Opening my eyes, I look up to his face, his hair so sexily messed up it caused my heart to... to melt a little bit.

"I know, Ross." I say, giving him a small, more forced, smile. "I promise that if something's wrong, I'll tell you." He doesn't seam to believe me all that well.

"You swear?" He asks. "Just because I have a girlfriend-" He gets cut off by the rest of the band coming outside with our house phone that's for business calls only.

"First call in less than five minutes." Riker says, sitting down on a chair by our little tiny patio table. They all bring up chairs around the table while Ross sighs and turns away from me, focusing on his siblings and my brother instead of me. Good.

"Uh, is it okay if I skip out on writing later? Brianna is kinda freaking out about tomorrow so I sorta promised her a movie night tonight..." Ross trails off. "Is that okay?" He asks.

"I don't care." Rocky says, shrugging his shoulders. "Just... could you look over what we did tomorrow then? I want you on board with everything and shit." Rocky explains, staring at the phone that had just started ringing. "Who's taking this one?" He asks.

"I will." I mumble, grabbing the phone. "Hello?"

Sighing, I take a seat at our kitchen table, waiting for the rest of them to pile inside. It was nearly four in the afternoon, meaning business calls lasted almost six hours. The last hour and a half was a Skype call from our manager and some label heads, so it wasn't too terrible. But I will say I'm exhausted. Ignoring Ross for that long with him sitting beside me is really exhausting.