Epilogue

(((just whipped this up and i'm in love with how it turned out)))

this is very sudden, i know, but i feel like it's appropriate. they've been together for quite some time in this book and i have nothing left for them. i honestly never intended for this to be this long, and of course i am known for completely giving up on my stories or writing a shitty ending, but i hope you won't mind that it's over. worth the Wait is still in full swing though, so have at it. hope you enjoy the ending of laura renae ratliff and ross shor lynch <3

If This is Love: Epilogue
| Ross Lynch |

| Four Year's Later (June 24th, 2021) |

"Our next guest is in a duo with his older brother, he's on a Netflix series called the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, and is now in a big time movie called Head Over Heels in Love, please welcome Ross Lynch!" Smiling as I walk out of backstage, I give the Ellen crowd a couple waves before I take a seat on the white chair.

"Thank you for having me." I say, giving her a smile.

"Of course." She says, brushing it off. "Will you ever go back blonde? We use to look more alike when you had blonde hair." I laugh a little.

"Um, probably. I go back for a little once we stop filming for the season, and I am blonde in the movie, so that counts for something." I tell her. "Why don't you go brunette so we can still match?" I suggest.

"Never gonna happen." She says with a head shake. I laugh at that. "How's the girlfriend?" She asks.

"My girlfriend?" I repeat, my face getting a little hot. No matter how many times an interviewer asks me about Laura, I still react with a hot face and bright pink cheeks.

"You know, she's short, a brunette, has been in about five movies these past four or five years? She was your best friend and bandmate for years? I'm pretty sure you just proposed to her a few weeks ago?" I chuckle nervously.

"She's doing great." I say. "She's actually in Canada filming something." I say, just as a picture of me proposing on the beach shows up. Again, I laugh nervously.

"Freshly engaged and she already has to film?" She asks me. I give her a sad smile. "How long is she gone?"

"A couple months, but I'm flying up to go see her for a couple days tomorrow." I tell her.

"Aw, well that's sweet." The crowd cheers and I couldn't help but put my head down. I've never been one to share my relationship with people like this. Sure, a post here and there and videos taken by fans being cute, but a face to face conversation about how much I love Laura? Still makes me nervous and uncomfortable. "How's The Driver Era doing?" She asks.

"Uh, slowly making new music." I tell her. "I've been super busy with press for Sabrina and Head Over Heels in Love that Rocky and I have a hard time getting a set schedule. He also produces for different people, so he's constantly busy with that as well. But, we're getting there. I don't want to say that we'll have a single out too terribly soon, but I would say somewhere within the next month or two there should be one." I explain.

"And then we'll have you perform on here! " she exclaims.

"Sounds like a plan."