17 | First Date (Part 1)

If This Is Love: 17 | First Date (Part 1)
| Laura Renae |

| The Next Morning (May 26th, 2017) |

"Hey! Look who finally decided to come out of the bedroom and see us!" My brother cheers. I playfully roll my eyes and wave to the phone screen Rydel had pointed on me. I knew Rydel was doing an Instagram Live video on the bands account because I got the notification from it, but I was trying to finish up an assignment for one of my classes so I decided to stay in Ross' room for the time being.

"Oh, shut up. I had to finish taking notes on a value theory for one philosophy and law class." I tell him and the R6Family. I step closer to the couch and watch as Rydel keeps her phone focused on me, smiling behind it. "Stop!" I whine, covering my face.

"Aw, but you're just so cute in your glasses!" She gushes, making a slight baby voice. I pout to her, causing her to laugh and finally reposition herself on the couch so her and E could be in the frame. Looking around the open room, my gaze lands on a certain blondie who's currently eating a bowl of yogurt and fruit. Smiling, I make my way over to him. It took him a few seconds to look from his laptop, but once he did, a closed mouth smile took over his face, most likely mirroring my own.

"She's not wrong, you are cute in your glasses." He quietly says, extending his arm. He was sitting at a taller table, meaning he was just an inch or so taller than me while sitting down, and I walked right into his side, feeling his lips press against my temple. Not bothering to move, I lean my head against his, trying not to laugh as I feel him chew his berries in his yogurt. He gently rubs his hand up and down my arm, keeping me against his side. I could stay like this for hours. "You still tired?" He asks me.

"No." I reply, leaning my head back. Furrowing my eyebrows, I take my hand and brush my fingers along his chin, cheek and jawline. "Cute stubble." I quietly say.

"Forgot to shave yesterday and this morning." He tells me, taking another bite of his yogurt and berries. "How was your boring lesson?" He asks me, still keeping his arm around me. Is this what heaven feels like?

"My boring lesson was very informative and interesting." I tell him. "A full page and a half worth of notes I typed, thank you very much." I add, tapping his cheek a few times. "You know, you could always do some assignments with me, it could make you almost as smart as me." I tease.

"Please, I'm already smarter than you, bean." He teases right back. Rolling my eyes playfully, I plant a kiss on his cheek before walking out of his embrace and heading towards the fridge. It was almost noon and I had only gotten up to brush my teeth before working on my assignment at eight this morning while I let Ross sleep until around 9:30, only to hear him complain about how I had to do school work. And in all honesty, I'm only doing so much school work again because if I plan it right, my online professor is letting my take my finals late July, the only day I have free in California after tour before I fly out to Georgia for Saving Zoe, instead of late August with the rest of them. That way I don't have to worry about classes while I film Saving Zoe, and I might even get a break from school while we tour Europe. But that last part isn't finalized yet, just being talked about with my counselor.

"Says the one who hasn't been to school since he was seventeen." I murmur, rolling my eyes. He did graduate online high school, but he also did it a year early and totally could've gotten a few better grades, not much because he did really well, but he could've tired harder, in my opinion that is. But he was a teenage guy who loved touring and making music and acting, so he didn't pay much attention to school, unlike I did. He's still smart, really smart, but I would never admit that to him.