27 | Commitment Isssues

If This Is Love: 27 | Commitment Issues
| Laura Renae |

| The Next Morning (July 14th, 2017) |

"Are you all caught up?" Rydel asks, her eyebrows raised. I guess the smile on my face and the small mini dance party I was having on the couch of the venue backstage was a dead giveaway that I was caught up in school.

"Yes yes yes!" I explain, now throwing my arms in the air. "And now my goal is to a little bit everyday so I never, ever, get behind like that again." I tell her, shutting my laptop screen.

"I'm surprised you even finished so early. I thought it would've taken you longer to finish." She tells me. I shrug my shoulder and bite my lip the slightest as she sits down beside me with an unopened bottle of water for me.

"Thanks. And I couldn't sleep last night so while Ross slept I did some stuff." I say, shrugging my shoulders again. She furrows her eyebrows, and I hope she doesn't ask why I couldn't sleep considering that 1, Ross made me a night of relaxation, and 2, I was sleeping in the same bed as him. But, Ross decided to be super weird last night right after I brought up what would happen once this tour is over and the European leg is over with living situations.

"Why?" She asks. I frown and look past her head at the door, seeing it still closed and hearing no movement in the hallway. "Are you gonna tell me why you're being so secretive or am I going to have to throw out some guesses?"

"Well... alright, whatever. So, last night after he gave me a back and neck massage, we just laid down in bed and well," my cheeks got warm a so mumbled out the next word. "cuddled." She rolls her eyes at the fact I'm still embarrassed to admit that. "And I just brought up the question of living arrangements once we get off tour and I'm done filming my movie. And then he... he got all stiff and mumbled that he was hot and completely just, got off me to get away from me. And when I said good night, he didn't reply, but when I said I love you, he mumbled it back." I tell her. Her eyebrows were completely furrowed and just by the silence I could tell she was just as confused as I was.

"Was he acting weird this morning?" She asks.

"That's the thing. Obviously I didn't sleep, so when he woke up the first thing he did was smile and cuddle into my side and told me he loved me. And he stayed like that for almost a half hour before standing up and practically forcing me to shower with him." My cheeks got warm again at my words and a smirk appeared on her face.

"Have you guys had sex yet?" She asks. I squeeze my eyes shut and scrunch up my nose with a head shake.

"No, we haven't had sex yet. Are you kidding me? We're never alone." I tell her. "Don't get off topic." I mumble, crossing my arms across my chest. "I just don't get how he acted all weird and then suddenly acted as if nothing happened."

"I don't know!" She whisper shouts. "It doesn't make any sense." I groan and throw my head back. For a few minutes, the two of us stayed in silence, Well, until Rydel broke it. "So... Ross is a cuddler?" She asks me. My face heats up for the third time.

"Uh, a thousand percent yes, but only when we're alone." I quietly tell her. Because that's true, Ross won't do shit with me in front of people unless it's a joke or he's drunk or high or whatever, like he won't actually come up and give me a million kisses over my face like he does when we're alone or cuddle into me on a couch with people around. Me on the other hand, I try to do those things in front of people and he just leta me for a little, then he sorta just, nudges me away. And no, it doesn't upset me unless I've been having a bad day, but he usually realizes that and we go somewhere private.