29 | Study Study Study

If This Is Love: 29 | Study Study Study
| Laura Renae |

| The Next Morning (July 22nd, 2017) |

I couldn't help but smile the second my eyes fluttered opened. I was tangled up in the sheets, Ross beside me with his own body tangled up in the sheets and his hair everywhere. He was laying on his stomach, his head facing away from me, and I honestly wanted to remember this moment for forever. The smile on my face would not fade away for awhile, that's one thing I knew. Deciding it was best not to wake up Ross, I sneak out of bed and head over to the bathroom to take a shower.  I kept the shower short, mostly just rinsing my body and not washing my hair. Once I got out, I wrapped a towel around my body and walked out of the bathroom, seeing Ross still fast asleep. Just for now, I grab the shirt I was suppose to wear to bed and throw it on, then grab a clean pair of normal underwear to throw on. I grab the hotels blanket and head to the balcony with my phone, gently sliding the door shut. I FaceTime Rydel.

"Are you alone?" I ask, the second I see her face pop up. Her hair was in her bun with a scrunchie, and I'm positive she had on her pajamas still.

"Yup. Ellington is on a hike or something." She tells me. "Why, what's up?"

"Promise me you will keep this a secret." I say, sitting on the single chair out here.

"Okay." She replies, shrugging her shoulders. She sets her phone down and sits at her dining room table.

"Ross and I had sex last night." I tell her, getting straight to the point. Her eyes widen at my words. "I know." I whisper, nodding my head. "It actually happened."

"Holy... oh my gosh." She mumbles. "Was it good?" She asks.

"Oh yeah." I reply, smiling and nodding my head a few times. "Pretty amazing." I add.

"I really want to ask for details, but it's my brother." She says, scrunching up her nose. "Ah, screw it. I told you everything with Ellington and you kept your nasty faces to a minimum." She's not wrong. "How'd you start off?" She asks, a smile growing on her face. My smile only widened.

"We got back from Comic Con and he unzipped my top because well, I couldn't reach it. And then he started kissing my neck-" She scrunches up her nose again. "But then Marc called and we had to stop." I tell her, earning a small laugh from her. "And then after they hung up and I was changed into his shirt from the night before, we went back to kissing. Before anything happened though, we talked about it because we were both really nervous." I tell her. "Is that weird? To talk about it?" I ask her.

"Uh, I don't know. Ellington and I didn't really talk about it right before we did it..." She trails off. "What exactly did you talk about?" She asks.

"Just being inexperienced and how I didn't want to be bad and have him disappointed if I couldn't... return the favors, you know?" I say, shrugging my shoulders. "He was very sweet about it and told me that it's sort of a you learn as you go type of thing. The more you do it the more you know what feels right and stuff. It was actually reassuring and him saying he was nervous took a lot of weight off my shoulders." I explain.

"I guess that's not that weird." She replies. "Are you going to go on birth control?" She asks me.

"Uh, yeah. We talked about that too." I mumble. "Is it weird to talk about that with him?"