18 | First Date (Part 2)

Sorry sorry sorry sorry that it's not Saturday!! I was busy all day yesterday and I know I could've updated, but I just never opened the app. But it's here now! So...
Enjoy💜

If This Is Love: 18 | First Date (Part 2)

| Laura Renae |

We didn't even make it out of the driveway before Rydel stopped Ross and I and pretty much forced us to take a picture in front of their garage being all cute and couple like. But I didn't object because I made Rydel send me them and I chose the one where he was kissing my cheek as my new lock screen. And I'm sure she sent them to my mom and Stormie, so all was good.

The drive to Hollywood Boulevard took close to a half hour, but Ross and myself filled the void with singing to songs from his playlist and occasionally pointing out something that we did in the past few weeks we weren't talking. Apparently he was taking me to a laid back Italian restaurant, his words not mine, called THE SIT-DOWN, and then we are going to walk down Hollywood Boulevard and go into the small shops and whatnot afterward for awhile.

Ross and I sat in the back outside in the corner at a small red table of THE SIT-DOWN, mostly to avoid possible fan encounters, but I wasn't too worried about it. Ross was more than worried, saying they'd ruin our night or whatever, which was most likely true, but I didn't care. I couldn't help but smile up at him while he looked over the menu.

"What?" Ross asks, catching me staring.

"Nothin', you're just cute." I tell him, now looking down at my own menu. After a few minutes of deciding, we finally settled on sharing a small chicken toscano pizza, and myself getting a caesar salad because I know Ross will eat most the pizza. We also decided to have only water, nothing fancy.

"Bean." Hearing Ross' voice, I lift my gaze from off my phone, which I was only on because my acting agent sent me an email, and smile the slightest when I noticed he had his phone pointed at me. "Now that's what I call gorgeous." He quietly says, his eyes on his phone. Playfully rolling my eyes, I lock up my phone and set it in my leather jacket pocket that was hanging on the chair, hoping it wouldn't be a distraction. Ross noticed and he slipped his own phone in his jeans pocket.

"No phones." I tell him, holding his eye gaze.

"No phones." He repeats, nodding his head a single time. "Unless I take a picture of you." He adds.

"I don't need pictures of myself." I tell him.

"But I need pictures of you." He replies. "For future references." He adds, causing me to raise an eyebrow.

"And why is that?" I ask. He just shrugs, then licks his lips, which makes my heart beat faster for a few seconds. Damn him and the effects he has on me.

"Haven't figured it out yet, but I know I'll need them one day." He says. Realizing I don't exactly know what people do on first dates when they're practically best friends, I decide to ask him because all of a sudden the nervousness decided to kick in.

"What do people usually do on first dates?" I ask him.

"They get to know each other." He replies, his knees brushing mine. Our table wasn't the biggest, and every time he moved or myself moved, our legs hit each other softly, and each time my heartbeat speeds up.