4 | Broken, Shattered and Blue

OH MY GOODNESS WERE OVER 1000 READS!!!! Thank you guys so so so so much!!!!! You're all absolutely my most favorite people and I can't thank you enough! Not to mention... OVER 200 VOTES?!?! OVER 100 COMMENTS?!?! IN ONLY THREE CHAPTERS!!! You guys seriously make my life! Thank you thank you thank you! And now...
Enjoy💜

If This Is Love: 4 | Broken, Shattered and Blue
| Laura Renae |

"What time is it?" Riker asks, a giant yawn escaping his mouth right at the end of his question. I couldn't help but chuckle at the ugly face he makes when he yawns. Let's be real, all our faces are ugly when we yawn.

"Almost two in the morning." Rocky tells him. "Shit, I'm pretty sure I have to be up early to fly to Sam Diego with dad." He mumbles.

"Vanni's parents will be in town and I'm suppose to pick them up with her at like, six." Riker groans.

"I should probably get some sleep, too. I'm positive Rydel will be pissed if I wake her up any later than this." Ellington grunts as he sits up, to which I scrunch up my nose and look up at the boys. Rydel did go to bed a few hours, but not without reminding me that I can wake her up if I can't sleep. "You going to bed?" Ell asks me, ruffling my already messy hair.

"No, I think I'm gonna stay here and mess around on the keys for awhile." I tell him. Rocky sucks in a breath at my words. "I won't mess with anything on the computer, alright?" He was hesitant to nod his head, but when he did I gave him a full blown smile. "Night boys, love you." They mumble a love you back as they left the homemade studio, leaving me in peace. Looking around, I go over to our huge Roland Piano, turning it on and disconnecting it from the computer just to ensure I don't mess with Rocky's work. Playing a few random notes and chords, I furrow my eyebrows and grab a random notepad and pencil laying around. Sitting on the chair, I write some of the chords down and mess around a little more with playing some new ones.

I was never the one to help that much in the writing process, just because nothing has really happened in my life like, romantically, so I never really tried for a song on my own. But now? I suddenly have inspiration. I mess around for a few more minutes on piano before stopping and grabbing the pen and paper. How the hell do I sort out my feelings? My phone suddenly vibrated and my text tone went off, to which I groaned and grabbed it. Why the hell would my mom be texting me at 2:03 in the morning?

From Mommy💃🏻❣️:
How have you been?

I'm confused. Why in the world would my mother, who usually is asleep before midnight, most nights eleven, be talking to me about how I've been? Ellington must've said something...

To Mommy💃🏻❣️:
I'm good. The real question is... a you okay?
Why are you up at two in the morning?

From Mommy💃🏻❣️:
You sure?

To Mommy💃🏻❣️:
Look, whatever Ellington told you are complete
lies, alright? I'm fine

From Mommy💃🏻❣️:
Then tell me why he told me you were all puffy
eyed this morning? And why are you still messing
around in the studio?

To Mommy💃🏻❣️:
Like I told E, I bought different remover wipes.
And I'm not tired