24 | Lipstick and Glitter

If This Is Love: 24 | Lipstick and Glitter
| Laura Renae |

| Two Weeks Later (July 5th, 2017) |

"What's up with you?" E asks, walking by me. I groan and rub my temples, wishing my headache would go away. "Why aren't you in the venue?!" He calls out, walking back towards the bunks. For the past three and a half hours, I've been doing school assignments, trying to match back up in all three of my classes, meaning while everyone's in the venue, sound checking and messing around while I'm out here in the bus trying to stay focused, despite the few fans outside.

"School!" I reply, setting my laptop beside me. Standing up, I walk towards the fridge and grab a new water bottle, my third one in the past hours I've been sitting here on the couch with my laptop, notebook and pencil. "What's everyone doing?" I ask him, sitting back down on the couch with my water bottle in hand.

"Um... I think the boys are trying to sneak off to go grab some food, but I'm not sure." He tells me, leaning against the small kitchen counter. "Um, Rydel already did her makeup and is picking out your outfit." My eyes widen at his words. "It's almost two-thirty." He adds.

"Fuck me." I mumble, shoving everything aside.

"Are you far behind?" He asks me.

"Kinda." I whisper. "Not enough to post-pone my finals as long as I do school everyday and not every few days like I have been the past few weeks." I tell him. He nods his head, helping me pick up my crap and set it in Ross' bunk, only because I'm too lazy to shove it in mine on the ground level while Ross' is on top, meaning no bending over. "Did Rydel's grab my makeup bag?" I ask.

"Um, I think so. Stormie grabbed your suitcase full of clothes and I'm pretty sure Gus grabbed your other one." I nod, grabbing my phone and it's charger. "We have a day off tomorrow, maybe you can catch up on some then." He says, walking behind me as I open the bus door.

"I thought those people invited us to that lake house thing." I say, waiting for him to step off. The few fans around the front of the venue start screaming, waving like crazy. I smile over at them, giving them a wave as Ellington waves back, putting a hand on my shoulder to gently push me to the main doors of the venue. We navigate our way to the back, Ellington telling me about how the venue is from the stage. As soon as we get to the main room, I see the boys and Rydel all lounging around.

"Where have you been?" Ross asks, standing up.

"School." I say with a sigh. Within seconds, Ross wraps his arms around my shoulders, hugging me to his chest. I hug him back, wrapping my arms around his torso. Wow, didn't realize how much I needed this hug until now. Ross starts to pull away, to which I let out a small groan and squeeze him tighter. "No." I whisper, smashing my glasses more into my face as I cuddle more into his chest.

"What's wrong?" He asks, hugging me again.

"Headache." I murmur.

"Hey, my mom and I picked out your outfit and Gus brought your bags back." Rydel's tell some. "And we left out some clothes for after the show." I smile against Ross' chest.

"Thank you." I say, not moving. Ross' lips land in my hair, pulling away completely now.

"Yo okay?" He asks, running his thumb against my bottom lip. Nodding my head, I pucker out my lips the slightest so he would kiss me. He gives me a soft smile, leaning down and kissing my lips.