15 | Sounding Weak

If This Is Love: 15 | Sounding Weak
| Laura Renae |

| The Next Afternoon (May 25th, 2017) |

"Hey, you two need to wake up or else you won't sleep tonight." A soft voice says. A hand goes on my back, gently rubbing in circles. "Ross, Laura." The hand gently nudges me and causes Ross to groan underneath me.

"Stop, I'm tired." He mumbles, pushing me off him. I frown and sit myself up.

"Hey, here's your contacts, sweetie." I give a weak smile towards Stormie's blurry figure and take the holder she was holding. It took me all of thirty seconds to shove my contacts into my eyes and look around the room with clarity. Stormie was sitting on the bed by my legs now, her hand on my knee. Ross was laying down beside me on his stomach, his face shoved underneath the pillow.

"What time is it?" I ask, my voice coming out more hoarse than I thought it would.

"Almost three in the afternoon. You two have been asleep for nearly twenty-two hours, honey." I simply nod. "Your mom called and wants you over for dinner tonight. Ell texted you about it, too." Nodding slightly, Stormie hands me my phone and I quietly thank her. "I made some sandwiches, why don't you come out and eat? Ross can wake up on his own." Nodding again, Stormie reaches for my hand and helps me up.

"Thank you." I quietly say, giving her a small smile. Before I follow Stormie out, I turn myself around to look at Ross. He was too damn cute. The sheets only went up to his lower back, and because he pushed me off him, he was laying on his stomach with his back muscles exposed. Hot is more like it. He face wasn't facing me, just the back of his messy hair was and all I wanted to do was play with it. Sighing, I walk out of the bedroom and into the kitchen where Stormie had placed a plate at the table with a sandwich, a glass of ice water, and some fruits. "Thanks." I tell her, sitting where the plate is.

"You're very welcome." She says. She takes a seat beside me with her own plate of fruit and no sandwich. "How'd you sleep?" She asks me.

"Considering I didn't wake up at all, I didn't move from the position I fell asleep in, and the fact I almost slept a full day, pretty dang good." I tell her. She laughs the slightest. "And I don't know why he's still asleep, but he could've been awake most the night. He tends to do that after one of those." By the look in her eyes, I knew she wanted to talk about only that. The worry was still on her face. Sighing, I set down my sandwich and give her a small smile. "I'm fine, Stormie." I say. She sighs at my words.

"That was really scary, Renae." She tells me. "None of us had a clue what was going on." She whispers. I frown and look down. "Why did that happen?" She asks me.

"Stress, mostly." I reply, shrugging my shoulders. "I've been good at keeping it under control since I've been living with the band and touring, mostly because Ross was constantly by my side and I guess he calms me down a lot before attacks could happen. But he hasn't been as close with me for awhile and it all caught up to me, I couldn't stop it." I tell her. "It's really not a big deal, it's happened before and I know how to control it and Ross knows how to calm me down. It's worked for the past ten years."

"But that's not healthy. Why haven't you ever been to the doctors-"

"My therapist knew about them when I was younger, but I haven't seen her in a good eight years. The few I had before Ross was in my life were mostly about stupid nightmares and fears and once Ross came in my life it was usually about maintaining A's all throughout school and musical or dance related aspects." I explain. "Like I said, not a big deal. It's pretty common." She frowns at me. "Can I finish eating?" I ask her.