I'm pregnant

I sit on my couch and wait for Chris to come home... I need to tell him something I'm not proud of. I won't lie to him. He was so caring the whole time and I cheated on him. How could I? I guess my feelings for the other man were just stronger...

He comes into the living room and kisses me softly. "Hey sweetheart... Why do you look so sad?" he says and I look away. I feel ashamed of myself. How could I hurt him so much? "I need to tell you something..." I say and he sits down next to me.

"What happened?" he asks and I finally get the courage up to look at him. "I am pregnant," I say and a tear rolls down my cheek. "That is geat Amanda! Why are you so sad?" he says and hugs me tight. I bite onto my lip and more tears stream down my face. "Wait... It isn't mine, is it?" he says and looks at me shocked.

I shake my head no and wait for Chris to freak out. "Who?" he asks and I just can't bring myself to tell him who I slept with. "WHO?!" he yells and I wince under the sudden outburst of him. "It's Simon's..." I say and he just looks at me with disgust in his eyes.

"I am sorry Chris! I didn't want to sleep with him! We are best friends nothing more. I swear!" I say and try to safe what is already over. "You didn't want to cheat on me? Do you even listen to yourself when you are talking? You don't accidentaly sleep with somebody! You always know what you are doing!" he yells and I begin to sob.

"Please Chris... I am so sorry," I say and he just stands up. "I am sorry too. I'll pack my things and you can count on a divorce soon!" he says and I curl up in a ball and cry. Chris was my everything. Why did I have to sleep with Simon.

He jumps from woman to woman and sleeps with every girl he likes. I guess it was just a matter of time until I landed in his bed as well. I stay in this position for hours until I finally get the courage up to go and tell Simon.

I sit next to him on his couch and he looks at me, expecting me to say something. "So what is it you need to tell me?" he asks and I get all nervous. "You remember that one night we drank too much and ended up in bed?" I ask and he nods.

"Chris knows and left me..." I say and he hugs me. "I am so sorry Amanda..." he says and kisses the top of my head. "How did he find out?" he asks and I swallow hard. "I told him..." I say and he looks at me surprised. "Why would you do that?" he asks, not understanding why somebody would do something like that.

"I am pregnant with your child Simon," I say and he looks at me shocked. "Are you sure? Don't get me wrong but it could be Chris's, can't it?" he says and I shake my head. "I am one month pregnant and the last time I slept with Chris was two months ago..." I say and he hugs me tight.

"I am going to be there for you Amanda... Every step of the way. I don't want you to be alone. This is my first child and I am somehow glad you are the one who is its mother.." he says and I look at him confused. "How do you mean that?" I ask and he takes my hands in his.

"I am madly in love with you Amanda. I have loved you since I first laid my eyes on you... I was so jealous that you were with Chris that I slept with every girl I could find just to get over the fact I can't have you..." he says and I look at him with tears in my eyes.

"I think I love you too," I say and our lips meet for a sweet but passionate kiss. "Do you want to be my girlfriend?" he asks and I nod my head yes. "I wouldn't want anybody else..." I say and kiss him again. "But we need to wait until my divorce is final.  I feel so bad for hurting Chris like that but we weren't working anymore..." I say and feel like the worst human ever...

"Don't feel bad... Like you said... It wasn't working anymore," he says and kisses me again.