Aphrodite

The sun was shining, the birds were singing, the flowers were blooming, the temperature was just about perfect, and all I wanted to do was spin around in circles with my eyes closed until I collapsed.

So (even though I was at a mature age of 46) that is exactly what I did.

Closing my eyes – I could still feel the warmth of the sun beating down on them – I took a deep breath, spread out my arms and spun.

My feet danced across the ground and the wind ripple across me, blowing through my shirt and sending the long strands of my brown hair everywhere. A giggle peeled from my lips; I couldn't help it, after all, I felt like I was flying.

Or at least...I did before I crashed into something.

"Uhmph!"

Or...maybe, actually, someone?

I felt a strong pair of hands grab my shoulders, keeping me balanced as I took a stuttered step to the side. It didn't take long before I realized I was currently pressed up against the chest of the person who I had crashed into. And a very masculine chest it was.

Oh boy...

Grimacing, I cracked my one eye open slowly, only to find an intense pair of dark brown eyes gazing down at me. They looked amused.

"Oh. My. God. I am so, so sorry!" I yanked myself away from him so that I was standing level – okay, maybe not level, seeing as he was a few inches taller than me – with him. My hands flew to my mouth as I took in his dark brown hair and angular jaw.

Simon Cowell.

My boss and friend for the past ten years. 

The one who's nice to everyone, but shows a special side to true friends. Humorous and serious. And let's not forget, one of the most sought after man in our entire business.

The one who I've had a crush one for a while now.

And of course...me being me...I just had to crash into him.

"I didn't realize...I'm soooo sorry. You aren't hurt are you?" Dear god, could anyone stop the words that babbled out of my mouth?

Si smirked, and his eyes twinkled as he raised an eyebrow. "Shouldn't I be the one asking you that?"

"Uhm..."

"So what exactly were you doing, anyway?"

"Er..." You know, the best time to be flabbergasted is when talking to an amazingly hot guy. Honest. Try it sometime. See how much fun it is. Not.

"I was just...spinning."

"I could see that," he said, his face still dancing with laughter.

"It's just a nice day outside, and it's the first nice day we've had in forever and...yeah, you know what? I think I'm going to go this way," I said, pointing in the direction behind him and angling myself past him, walking away as quickly as I could while still holding onto what little dignity I had left.

"Hey, wait up!"

Oh god, he didn't, did he? I ducked my head and walked faster.

"Hey, you can't just walk away like that!" he panted, falling into pace beside me.

I looked up at him. "And why not? It's a free country after all, isn't it?"

"Yeah, but you can't just crash into someone and walk away from them."

Oh we were so not having this discussion, were we?

"What, do we have to exchange license and registrations now or something?" I heard him chuckle and I shot a glare at him.