I wanna dance with somebody

I am on another boring BGT afterparty. Everybody is drunk and I seem to be the only one sober. I am not into this whole drinking thing. I mean in the comfort of my own home I sure get drunk, but not in public.

I haven't seen Simon all night, but I am sure he is somewhere, having fun with one of the... young women. He has always been interested in women younger than me... He saw me just not as somebody he could imagine sharing his bed with.

He never hit on me, he never said something flirty and even if he did, it was never meant flirty and he never even looked at me the way he looks at those girls. I am just too old for him. I don't look smoking hot like they do.

And most importantly I already have two daughters... I am used. Well I can't get pregnant anymore and he probably wants to have kids of his own so I am not a good choice for him. I wish him all the luck on this world, but the selfish person I am also wishes that he someday admits his love towards me, which he'll never do.

He is not in love with me and he'll never be. His last realationship was with Emma, who was 22. I am 46.... Clearly too old for his liking and with that out of the question. I sometimes wish I would have been a whore and had thrown myself at him as soon as I got the job and while I was still young.

But my time is over and I am too old to be whoring around. I can't do that to my kids. Suddenly I feel someone tap my shoulder and turn around to find Simon smiling at me. "Hey," he says and I just smile back at him.

"How have you been doing so far? It's very boring here, isn't it?" he asks and I laugh quietly. "You aren't drunk?" I ask surprised. "Nope. I haven't had a drink tonight," he says proudly. I am surprised. "And where are the cameras?" I ask sarcastically and look around me.

"Is it impossible for me to be not drunk?" he asks and laughs. "No, but it is impossible for you to spend a night at a party without leaving with a gorgeous girl so who is the lucky one?" I ask and take a sip of my soda.

"I don't know. I have somebody in mind, but I am not sure if she wants to come home with me," he says and it's like a slap across the face. He does have somebody...

"Who wouldn't want to go home with you?" I say bitterly. "Many don't..." he says and I laugh, this time full of bitterness. I look at my phone and see that's time for me to get home. "I should probably head home now... It's getting late," I say and want to walk past Simon, but he grabs my wrists, making me turn back.

"Dance with me?" he asks and I sigh. He is so sweet... "I really should go," I say, but he just drags me towards the dance floor. A slow song starts playing and he pulls me close while we are swaying side to side.

"You know... I wanna dance with somebody," he slowly and quietly starts singing along. I know that song from somewhere... But I think it's only a cover. "I wanna feel the heat with somebody," he whispers into my ear and the hot air against my ear makes me smile.

"I wanna dance with somebody... With somebody who loves me," he says and I bury my face in his neck. Does he know? No, probably not. He is just singing a stupid song. I look at up at him and he cups my cheek with his hand.

"You are so god damn beautiful," he suddenly says and tears well up in my eyes. "No, I'm n-"but I am cut off by his sweet lips covering mine. I slowly melt into the kiss and my arms wrap around his neck.

We almost forget where we are and I slowly open my eyes to find him looking at me lovingly. "You know... the girl I want to take home with me is you... I am just not sure if you want to come with me," he says and tears of happiness make their way down my face.

Instead of saying anything I just press my lips against his and we both get lost in the moment....