What is this?

I am helping Simon with his things since he just split up with his girlfriend and moved out of their old house. He couldn't stand being there. Everything remembered him of her. I can understand him. I wish I could just say how much I love him but I am in a abusive realationship. My boyfriend hits me and I have no chance to get out of it.

I am too ashamed to tell somebody. I take one box out of his hand and my sleeves move up, revealing my bruises. I turn around, hoping Simon didn't see them. "Mandy..." he says and I stand still. I don't dare to breathe. "What is this?" he asks and I turn around, pushing my sleeves back down.

"What?" I ask innocently. "The bruises on your arm... Where did you get them?" he asks and I fake smile. "I just fell down the stairs..." I lie and my inner self slaps me for lying. I could have gotten myself out of the hell I am living if I just had said 'My boyfriend hits me'  but I didn't.

He takes the box out of my hands and pulls up my sleeves. On both arms are dark purple bruises and scars. "So you fell down the stairs? But why do they look like someone had a too tight grip on your wrists?" he asks and I know he knows.

"I don't know... I must have fallen really bad then," I lie. Why? Why can't you just say what really happened? "Are you sure... You know you can tell me everything," he says and I nod my head. "Then go on," he says and walks away. God damnit! Why didn't you tell him what Maks really does to you.

I take the box and bring it into his house. I had to aply a huge amount of make up to my neck this morning because Maks choked me yesterday and you can see his handprints on my neck. My face has three layers of foundation on it so you can't see my black eyes and bruises all over it. My lip has a cut to it which I covered with lipstick.

I place the box next to all the other boxes and feel the sweat running down my forehead. No! I can't be sweating! This will ruin my makeup. I quickly run into the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror. My foundation is melting and it looks like shit. I make sure everything is still covered. At the moment I can't do a thing against the melting problem so I just deal with it.

I run into Simon and he says, "Don't you want to take of that makeup... You know I love you as a friend but that looks like a baby threw up onto your face..." I nervously shake my head and say, "I look terrible. I have dark circles under my eyes... Haven't slept too good lately."

He just shakes his head and walks past me. I walk back out and take another box. The sweat is running down my neck and I know my makeup won't cover up much longer. I place the box next to all the others and take a deep breath.

Simon coves over and hugs me from behind, pressing my bruise on my belly. I wince in pain and he walks around me. "Did I hurt you?" he asks and I shake my head. "I hurt you don't lie to me. Now lift up your shirt so I can take a look at it..." he says and I shake my head.

"Amanda... Lift up your shirt," he says and I slowly lift it up, revealing the bruise he left when he kicked me. "Amanda you can't lie to me. You didn't fall down the stairs. Now tell me one thing... Just say yes or no and I want you to be honest. If you say no I will never ask again and let you go if you say yes I will be here and help you every step of the way. I will take care of you, okay?" he says and I nod.

"So does Maks abuse you?" he asks and the first tears fall down my face. I slowly nod my head yes and he pulls me close. "Baby why didn't you say something? I could have helped you," he says and I cry into his neck. "I was ashamed Simon..." I say and he tries to soothe me.

"Take of your make up and everything besides your underwear. I want to see what he has done to you..." he says and I pull my shirt over my head, revealing all the bruises on my back and arms. He sighs and looks at them closely. "I will get you something to take off your makeup," he says and I nod, while I take of my pants.

He comes back and looks at all the bruises on my inner thighs and he knows that he rapes me. I take off my make up on my face but leave it on on my neck. He doesn't need to see that. He looks at my face and a tear rolls down his face.

"Why do you let him do that to you? And I told you to take off all your makeup... I mean that on your neck as well," he says and I sigh, taking it off. He looks at the handprints and slowly traces them with his pointer finger.

"You won't go home tonight... You'll stay with me until you can take care of yourself again," he says and pulls me close. I nod my head and look him deep into the eyes. I don't know why but I kiss him suddenly. Everything is going to be alright...