Part 3: Family Life

I drove home then parked the car in the garage. A smile spread against my face as I sat down on the couch and Nadia climbed on my lap.

"Daddy why you say no?" She asked.

"Because. I wanna hang out with you." I whispered and she nodded as she hugged me and laid her head on my shoulder.

"Danny looks nothing like you." Melanie laughed as she sat down with Danny laying on her chest.

"You say that all the time." I laughed as I looked at her and looked down at my phone.

"Dakota does but Nadia and Danny don't." She giggled pushing back her hair, "Say who's my Daddy? Who's my daddy?"

I laughed, "Me."

"Get the gel!" Monique screams out and sat down the stuff looking at me, "I put Dakota down. I wanna set up an appointment for him and Nadia."

"To check up?" I asked as she sat back and looked at me.

"Yeah." She smiled and looked down at the hair, "Cause I don't want something to be happening. Also I need to get birth control."

"You don't want no more right now?" I asked pushing back her hair.

She looked at Melanie and giggled, "No."

"Okay? We can use condoms." I answer.

Melanie looked at us, "Should I leave?"

"No." I laughed.

Saya sat down on the pillows and exhaled, "Why you look like that?"

"We have sex to much to always be buying condoms we don't have time to buy condoms. We can use that too but it will probably be easier on us if I got the shot." Monique explained.

"Okay. It's the symptoms I'm worried about. That's why we stopped it then." I answered.

"But I got pregnant." She laughed.

"Okay." I chuckled and laid back.

"Are you mad or something?" She asked taking the wrap off of Saya's head and opening the pack of hair.

"Um, no. I'm confused." I whispered.

"Nadia and Dakota is nine months apart and Danny is a year under that. You want another baby?" She asked grabbing the comb and taking out the braids.

"No." I whispered.

"So you want to depend on if you put on a condom?" She asked looking at me, "Cause we had sex four times this morning and two of those times you didn't wrap up."

"Monique." I chuckled.

"I should take a pregnancy test." She whispered and giggled, "Our sex life is like the sex life of a prostitute. It's really fucking fantastic and we need condoms to prevent babies."

"Do whatever you want but don't come nagging about having bad headaches and puking all the time because I told you no." I whispered fixing my hat on my head.

"Saya, didn't he just say yes?" She asked.

Saya nodded, "You said do whatever you want. Then turned and said you said no."

"Oh my gosh." I laughed.

"What?" Monique giggled, "Demarcus, I just want to be married right now. Like not thinking about the baby in my tummy. Plus I'm turning twenty one and we are having a party together. I want to drink and get drunk."

"Okay." I whispered.

"So taking this shot every three months will help us a lot." She whispered starting to put in Saya's track, "I understand you forget. Shit, I don't want you to wrap up but it's healthy for us."