Part 32: Its Way Worse Than He Thought

Monique's Point Of View

I exhale watching him sleep. A tear escaped and I quickly wiped it away before standing and kissing his head. He snored and I smiled walking out of the room. I began to cook until I hear my baby boy crying. I just grabbed him from the crib and smiled as he went quiet and I walked to the kitchen.

"Nolan, be good for daddy. Cause he's kind of slow when it comes to baby's. And don't worry, he will get you the eye treatment. He loves you so much already. I hope you are okay with out me though." I whisper and kissed him, "I'm gonna bring you to the hospital with me because I need as much time as I can with you. Wait, nevermind. I can't."

I laughed as I made the plates and started to pour the juice in cups. I set up the table and smiled as I sat on the couch after making a bottle. I gave him his milk and got comfortable.

"Morning, Mommy." Nadia walks to me and looked at Nolan. He moved her way and I smiled.

Suddenly it goes black for a few seconds then I come back, laying on the floor with Nolan crying loudly and my daughter holding onto Demarcus who was on the floor beside me.

"Are you okay?" Demarcus asks and I stare at him smiling, "Baby."

"I'm sorry." I whisper, "I must have fainted or something."

"Yeah. You dropped Nolan." He laughed and I looked at my boy closing my eyes, "Nadia, come here. She's okay."

"I'm okay." I whisper lifting her up, "Give me a kiss."

She kissed me, "Okay."

I held her and smiled at Nolan who was falling asleep in Deandre's arms. I stood up and brought her to the kitchen.

"I made breakfast." I whisper and smiled as I kissed her head and fixed Danny in her high chair putting the eggs and sliced up waffles on the plate.

"Mommy." Dakota speaks eating his waffles, "When can we go to the park?"

"You wanna go today?" I ask eating my waffles and rocking my legs side to side where Nolan laid falling in and out of sleep. He was fighting it for sure.

"Yeah. Is daddy coming?" He asks.

"Daddy's working and has to go see Abby after work." I answer looking over at Demarcus who was looking at paperwork and eating his food.

"Mommy." Nadia speaks.

"Yeah, baby." I answer.

"So when does Momma Ana have the baby?" She asks.

"She already did." I answer and looked at her, "But the baby is sick so you won't be able to see her for awhile." She nodded and I smiled looking at her.

"Baby." Demarcus spoke, "How do you feel today? After the little episode?"

"I'm fine." I laugh,  "I just need to take my medicine and drink more water. I love you, Demarcus."

He laughs looking at me, "I love you too, Monique. Your so cute."

He bent over and kissed me. I smiled and looked down. Before I knew it I was walking into the room to see Ana. She was smiling at the phone and eating a salad.

"Ana." I whisper.

She looked up and at me then smiled, "Hey. Did you see her?"

"No." I shook my head and walked closer to her as she moved the screen close to me.

"They let me put a camera there so I can just watch her." She explained smiling, "She's so small."

"Yeah." I agree, "I really hope she gets better like soon."

"Yeah, me too." She laughs sitting down her bowl of salad, "So what's up?"

"Um, I needed to talk to you." I whisper.

"Please don't yell at me, Monique. I'm strssed. My baby girl-"

"Ana." I laughed, "I came to say sorry. I know I've been making your life harder even harder than it needed to be. I think it was because I was still hurt Demarcus picked you over me." I looked at her, "He wanted you and it hurt like hell when I found out you were pregnant. I cried and I cried hard. Then everything began to happen and he kept running back to you."

"Monique." She whispers.

"I'm going to die, Ana." I whisper standing up, "It keeps getting bigger and I need you to hold Demarcus when I do."

"Stop." She teared up and I smiled.

"Um, he's going to hurt he already is so he will try to push you away. So keep going even when he yells for you to leave him alone. I need you to do me another huge favor. Put your name on the birth certificate of this baby they are going to take out of me when my body start to give up on me."

"No." She shakes her head.

"Yes, she needs a mommy all of my kids do and I need you to keep her. Please." I grabbed her hands, "Ana, please."

"I can't do that. Demarcus won't let me." She whispers crying.

"He will. I promise. Okay. I'm going to try to stay healthy for her to develop but my doctor says she won't be full term."

"No, Monique."

"Okay, Ana. I need you to take my baby girl, Noelle. I need you to hold Demarcus when he can't take it and I'm going to leave. Can you promise me that?"

"No." She cried out.

"Ana, Please." I whisper letting the tears fall from my eyes.

"Okay." She whispers, "I promise."

I smiled, "Thank you."

She wiped her eyes and I smiled walking out of the room and looking down. When I got to the car I grabbed the money from beneath the seat and added the rest before closing my eyes, listening to the voicemail once again.

"Hello, it's Dr. Stine. I'm calling to advice you to come into my office as fast as you possibley can. I don't think you will make it another year. The tumor has grown two times it's size in the last four months. The procedure may kill your baby but it will save your life. Please call me back, Monique Smith."

*Chapter has been RE-READ & EDITED*
~Sorry for any mistakes I'm not good with grammar and spelling and I am the only editor of my books so bare with me.