Part 9: Aweee, Monique

"Give it to me." Monique says. It's Monday morning and I'm laying on her left boob as she played with my hair.

I have work in three hours and I don't want to go at all. Dakota woke up in a bratty mood so he's been touching stuff and getting mad when we say something about it. Then Nadia has just been coloring and watching the movie playing on the screen just waiting for Monique to get up and get her clothes ready for daycare.

"No!" I shouted and laid my leg over Monique's, "Get up here now!"

He climbed on the bed and laid on my side looking at the computer. I then looked at Monique who was falling back asleep. She has been so exhausted lately.

"Baby." I whisper and she slowly opened her eyes looking at me, "You okay?"

"Hold my butt." She whispered rolling on her side and smiling when I grabbed it.

"Baby." I whisper looking at her.

"I'm getting sick, Demarcus." She whispered moving her leg around me. I felt her head and kissed her on the lips.

She rolled over grabbing the bag next to the bed and pulled it up to her mouth. I sat up and pulled back her hair as she vomited very loudly.

"Hey! Move!" I scream to Dakota who was trying to grab my phone which was right next to Monique's head.

"Daddy." He runs to me.

I exhale as Monique sits up, "Baby the bag got a hole it's getting everywhere."

"Okay." I state running to get the trash can in the bathroom and handed it to her, "You okay?"

She closed her eyes and shook her head, "Get them out, Demarcus."

I nodded and grabbed the kids. They played downstairs as I walked to the room. She was cleaning the floor.

"Hey." I whisper and helped her up, "I'm going to call mom."

"Okay." She groaned and I slid my hand in hers.

"Hello." Mom answered.

"Mom, I have to go into work but Monique is throwing up everywhere and she can't stay awake more than thirty minutes. Are you free?" I asked as I walked to my drawer and got dressed.

"Yeah, I'll be there in like ten minutes." She says and I smiled.

"Thank you so much mom." I chuckle and hung up quickly getting dressed.

I looked at Monique then smiled as she spoke, "Demarcus! Come here!"

"I'm right here, baby." I laugh.

"Oh, get in the bed and hold me." She says and I smile as I climb in the bed next to her and she cuddled up in my arms which was wrapped tightly around her body, my hand sitting on her stomach.

After awhile I hear my kids scream in happiness and my mother's voice. She slowly walked into the room and I smiled as I looked at the clock then back at her.

"Morning." I whispered, "She's sleep."

"I see. Does she have a fever?" She asked feeling Monique's head.

"No." I state slowly pulling away from my wife and smiling as I looked down at her and lifted the covers over her shoulder, "Thank you so much, Mom. I really appreciate it."

"Of course. Go make money." She smiled and kissed my cheek.

I looked up as Nadia ran to me, Dakota right behind her, "Daddy! I love you!"

"I love you, daddy!" Dakota screamed and hugged me when I lifted him.

"I love y'all." I laughed and kissed their cheeks a smile on my face.

"Come on." Mom laughed and they ran after her as I left the house with my stuff in my hand.

Once getting to the store I walked inside and went to my office. The day went by very fast and it was an hour left before I knew it. I just answered emails and talked to shipments. I then had three meetings and I had to talk about building another bathroom in the back of the store next to the toys.

"Hey." Alice speaks walking into the room.

"Hey." I exhale and sit up punching three holes into my paper before putting it in the binder, "What's up?"

"Looking for a job." She whispered and smiled as she looked down at my desk, "You okay?"

"I miss Monique." I state and sat back, "Erik is still the hiring manager. You can go talk to him. But he isn't in till tomorrow around seven."

"Okay." She smiled at me, "Are you okay with me working here with you?"

"Yeah." I laugh and looked at her, "I'm fully into my marriage. I hope it's no problem for you."

She shook her head, "No."

"Good." I smiled and looked at my watch.

She walked away and I stood up. I locked the door and clocked out. When I made it home Monique was wide awake but she still looked nauseated as she looked at the food sitting in front of her.

"Hey, baby. How you feel?" I ask smiling as I dropped my stuff.

"Like shit." She answered and smiled as I laid back and she laid on my stomach like a baby.

I kissed her forehead, "Sorry."

"It's fine." She whispered and looked at me, "I'm feeling a little better after drinking water but my head has been pounding. I think I need glasses."

"Maybe." I answered as I rubbed her back, "Did you vomit more?"

"So much." She answered sitting up, "It hurt and it was alot."

I laughed, "Thanks for the picture."

She smiled and hugged me as my hand slid down her legs and back up to her butt. She exhaled and I looked at the television.

"Babe." She speaks and looked at me, "I'm so tired all the time. It's annoying."

"Your just sick." I answered and smiled as I sat back and looked at her.

"I'm tired too." I yawned and pushed back her hair as she closed her eyes, "Where are the kids?"

"Mom took Nadia to daycare and Dakota to get ice cream and some shoes." She whispered and hugged me tightly when I stood up.

She giggled and I walked upstairs with her still wrapped around my waist. We laid in bed and I fell straight to sleep.

*Chapter has been RE-READ & EDITED*
~Sorry for any mistakes I'm not good with grammar and spelling and I am the only editor of my books so bare with me.