Part 35: Labor Begins

I stare at Monique as she held her legs spread. Her lungs are starting to act up starting to make her itch so bad the skin is coming off. So they have to break her water and the baby is coming. Just after a month of being here.

"Hey." I laugh looking at Mom as she dropped down her purse and so did Moniques mom, then Ana.

"Hey." They all speak and looked at Monique who was itching again.

"You look so tired." Toya laughed pulling out some fluffy covers.

"I am." I laugh and look at Monique who had fallen back asleep.

"How is she?" Toya whispers sadly.

I look at Monique, "Better than last night. They couldn't get the itching to stop and Monique started to cry. So."

"Wow, that's scary." Mom whispers and bent over to kiss Monique on the head.

"Hi." Monique whispers looking up at her, "How are the kids?"

"Good. Misses you." Ana whispers and smiled at me, "How has it been?"

"Awful." Monique whispers and rubbed her round belly, "I'm ready to see Noelle."

"Me too." I laugh and she closes her eyes, "You okay?"

She began to cry and I stood up holding her in my arms. She was contracting as I rubbed her belly and she tried to breathe.

"They hurt already." She whispers.

"I know." I laugh and stared at her. She exhaled and I closed my eyes.

Within the next few hours the kids were here to see Monique. She was uncomfortable but was able to hold in the tears every contraction.

"What's tommrow?" Monique asks looking down at Dakota who was laughing.

"I don't know." He laughs.

"Its going to be labor day." She laughs and kissed his head, "So your sister will be born either today or tommrow."

"Today hopefully." She whispers.

I chuckle as she lifted Nolan and looked at Danny who was giggling at Ana. Ana just tickles her some more and looked at me smiling. I exhaled slowly and looked at Monique who was starring at Dakota. I slowly stand up grabbing Dakota and he looked at me as I took Nolan.

"Monique." I whisper and she looked at me, "Your scaring them. Do you need to lay down or something?"

She just smiled and nodded laying back. Deandre looked at me taking Nolan from my hands and walked out with them. We gave her a few minutes, to let her medicine kick in until Saya and Melanie came in with Briane.

"Hey." Briane whispers.

"Hi." I answer, "Be careful."

"Hey!" Monique laughs and hugged the three smiling

"How are you?" Saya asks.

"I'm good. She's coming." She giggled, "I just got medicine because I was starting to loose like my energy and stuff. Then I'm going to start my antibiotics and she will be coming around the same time."

"Good and the contractions?" She asks.

"Um, they are every six minutes for forty five seconds." She whispers, "I'm seven centimeters dilated."

"Okay, so you are in labor?" Briane asked and smiled widely when Monique nodded.

"So she should be here soon." I whisper laughing and Briane nodded looking at Monique who was talking to Saya.

"Knock knock." Dr. Stohom and Dr. Oniel walked into the room.

"Hi." I speak and laughed once Monique stood up.

"So are we walking?" Dr. Stohom asked.

Monique nodded, "Just got done resting."

Dr. Oniel laughed, "Let me see here."

He checked her eyes and smiled at her as she spoke, "I already know I'm good."

"You are." He laughs, "How do you feel? Still alittle weak."

"No. I'm just excited." She whispers and he looked at me smiling.

"How was sleep last night."

I shook my head, "Got alittle scary since I was waiting in the cafeteria for three hours twice it happened."

"Yeah. That contraction would not release from her it was suffocating the baby." Dr. Oniel explained, "We were about to just take her in."

"It hurt really bad." Monique says walking to me and sitting on my lap, "Rub my back for me, baby."

I began to rub her back and smiled at Dr. Stohom who began to laugh. She then turned to Mom and Toya explaining everything so they understood.

I stare at Monique as she stood up and turned in my arms. She laid on my chest and I kissed her on the lips. I felt her belly and smiled as she closed her eyes.

"These are some easy contractions." She laughs and I stare at her, "What?"

"You just look beautiful." I whisper and smiled as she giggled, "You know it."

She grabbed my cheeks and kissed me on the lips. I smiled and laid my head on her chest loving the warm hug.

She giggled and stood up. I watch her as she bent over closing her eyes. Suddenly she drops and Dr. Oniel grabbed her.

"She's not breathing. Demarcus." He speaks and I exhale grabbing the girls hands and walking out to the waiting room.

"What is happening?" Mom says confused grabbing Toya's hand.

"She's dying." I whisper and sat down opening the bag of chips.

"Demarcus." Briane whispers.

I smile, "I can't do anything but hope the doctors can save her or atleast save my baby girl."

She exhaled and walked away in tears. I look down and Dr. Oniel ran to me, "She's pushing. Ana! Let's go."

We ran inside and I smile as Monique screamed and sat up. I exhale and she looked at me breathing in with me.

"Good job, baby." I whisper and she grabbed my hand.

"She's coming." Monique says looking at me, "I love you so much."

"I love you too." I kiss her on the lips, "Your gonna make it."

"Let's do another big push."

*Chapter has been RE-READ & EDITED*
~Sorry for any mistakes I'm not good with grammar and spelling and I am the only editor of my books so bare with me.