Part 36: Noelle Moni Smith

"There goes your baby." Dr. Stohom says and laid her on Moniques chest smiling widely as Monique held her close to her.

"Oh wow. Aren't you a precious baby?" She laughs and the nurse lifted Noelle putting her on Moniques skin.

"Hey, baby." I laugh as she cried loudly.

"Say hi to daddy, brat." Monique laughs and looked at me, "She's here."

"Yeah." I whisper, "She looks just like you."

She smiled and looked at Noelle who was just looking at Monique. Monique lifted her boob and smiled as Noelle latches on and began to drink her milk.

"She's eating." Ana laughs touching her cheek and smiling at her.

I look at Monique and smiled as she closed her eyes. I kiss her neck and held her close to me. I watch Noelle and smiled.

Then I turn to Monique who had a bloody nose and smiled kissing her on the lips. She exhaled and handed me my daughter. I held her close to my chest and watched as Dr. Stohom quickly laid her back.

"Bye, baby." Monique whispers looking at Noelle and I smile as she stared at me, "You will be okay."

"No." I whisper.

She closed her eyes, "Okay, I can't breathe."

"I love you, Monique." I call out and she cried as she's rushed down the hall.

I look down at Noelle and slowly sat on the floor crying hard. Ana dropped beside me and I shake my head looking at her.

"I'm scared." I whisper and she nodded holding me tightly.

After a few hours of checking my baby Dr. Oniel walked into the room. I smiled and looked over at Ana who was holding Ana.

"So she did not make it." He whispers and I look away trying to hold it in, "I am so sorry, Demarcus."

"No, you couldn't save her. It was time. I just need a minute." I whisper, "Ana."

She sat down and I laid on her chest closing my eyes as I cried. We sat there for awhile trying to calm down. We then talked about it and talked about how I felt and Ana explained how she felt as she signed the birth certificate. It helped and I can't believe Monique knew it was Ana that I needed for this huge change in my life. It's actually quite scary in a way.

"Here." Ana laughs and stared at me, "I'm here. Now it's two kids at once but they need the both of us. So when your ready, I'm ready."

"Okay, I just need some time." I whisper and she smiled standing up slowly and looking at the doctor, "I wanna breastfeed Noelle. Can I or is that wierd and unsafe?"

I stare at Ana as the nurse looked at me, "Well I mean you can go buy woman's pumped milk so I wouldn't say it's not okay."

Ana smiled, "Thank you."

She nods and Ana sat down grabbing a pillow. I watch intently her lift her shirt and grabbed Noelle. She smiled and stared as Noelle latches on and began to feed. I look at Ana confused.

"Ana, why can't you just bottle feed her that's to much?" I ask.

Ana looked at me, "She needs a connection with a woman." I look up as the nurse watched, "Her mother just died and she lost the voice she's been hearing since she was nine weeks old. I just I want her to be okay. Not to feel alone."

"Ana." I whisper.

She exhaled and took her boob away covering herself. I just stare at the ground as as she walked out of the room. That was just to much for me.

I look up at the nurse and she smiled, "Its okay, Demarcus. Monique wanted her to do that. Ana didn't want to though the same as you. It was to much. But then Monique said Noelle was going to loose a mother. Not one that can ever come in her life. She needs the connections."

"I'm sorry." I whisper and laughed, "I can't even think straight."

She smiled and sat down beside me. She crossed her leg over the other and smiled, "I'm a single mother of three. The man I thought I would be with forever left me. Like took all of his clothes and said I can't do this. He's not dead. But he's never coming back. Heart breaks hurt, Demarcus. I was lucky enough to give them that mommy daughter connection that every kid needs. But they have no dad, I could see the difference. My oldest dates men that are ten years older than her. Like what the hell? See, as she grows up she's going to grow up looking for a mother figure just as if looking for a father figure. She needs Ana. She needs that fallen connection. Your lucky, Demarcus. You were able to prepare for this death. Some people don't and they are left alone with these beautiful kids and a broken heart. You were able to plan and make sure all of your kids were going to be okay."

"Okay." I whisper looking down at Noelle and smiling.

"She's just as broken and she doesn't want Noelle to feel alone. It was a lot to see another woman feeding your baby epically since she hasn't been gone a day." I smile at her, "But it's for the good."

I nod and kissed my baby. She stood up and I smiled as she walked out of the room then stood up myself.

"Your mommy's gone. But Ana is just as good of a mother as her." I whisper holding her against my chest.

"Demarcus, I can't do this." Ana cried out and I take her in my arms, "It hurts to bad. I don't feel comfortable."

"Its okay." I whisper, "Its okay, Ana. Everything will be okay."

*Chapter has been RE-READ & EDITED*
~Sorry for any mistakes I'm not good with grammar and spelling and I am the only editor of my books so bare with me.