Part 23: Just Like That

After a few months my babies were gone. Monique didn't tell me where she was going and I swear that was the worst day of my life. Dakota's screaming was terrifying and Danny cried. Nolan was fussy from the bad vibes and Nadia was hurt so bad. We just split up a fucking family. When we had that fight something told me to let her go.

"Daddy." Nadia whispers and I look at her as she climbed on the bed and laid in my neck laying on my chest.

I held her and exhaled looking back at the divorce papers. The divorce was quick just because we already established who's keeping what in the first week. I don't want my kids hurting more.

"I'm so sorry, baby." I whisper and she exhaled starting to cry. I kissed her cheek and looked down, "How about Stacey's? It's her birthday."

"I don't want to go." She cried and I lifted her up sitting her up.

"Nadia, we are going." I whisper and looked at the clock, "Okay."

She nodded and hugged me tightly. I hugged her back and looked down at my phone. She stopped crying and I brought her to the shower with me. She smiled and I chuckled as I washed her body.

I then dried her off and got her dressed. She watched me intently as I brushed her hair and put her sandals on her. She then played while I got dressed. Once finished I kissed Nadia and we walked to the car. I buckled her up and smiled as I handed her the crackers. She began to eat and I drove to the party.

I exhale watching Deandre come out. I've been to busy to talk to anyone so this is his first time seeing me since Nolan was born. Briane came out and smiled at me grabbing her stomach.

"Hey." He smiled and hugged me.

I smiled and Nadia climbed out looking at Stacey who ran to her, "Hey, Nadia. Sorry about your mom."

Nadia smiled, "Happy Birthday."

Stacey looked at me and I handed her the bag of candy and clothing, "Happy birthday, Stacey."

Stacey just smiled and grabbed Nadia's hand running inside. I exhaled closing the car door smiling at the couple.

"Are you okay?" Briane asks.

I nod, "Yeah. Just lonely. How many people are here?"

"Not a lot." Deandre laughs and I smile walking towards the door. I opened it and stepped back for the kids to run past.

"Not a lot?" I ask and Deandre laughed passing me inside.

I walked inside and smiled as Deandre introduced me to his wife's family. Soon I sat down and Alice looked at me as I took the cup of alcohol from Tyler. I took a sip and looked around for Nadia. I couldn't find her but felt she was safe where she was. I just smiled at Alice then looked back at Ana.

"Hey." I whispered.

"Hi." She kissed my head, "I have cake at home for you."

"Thank you." I smile and she sat down beside me looking down, "You okay?"

"I feel bad." She whispers playing with her food and exhaling, "I broke up a perfectly good family."

"No, it's okay. It wasn't just your fault." I laugh and she smiled looking at me.

"Hey, what did I use to tell you?" She asks nudging me and I laugh shaking my head, "Pimps don't cry they shoot nigga's who need to die."

"That's awful." I smiled at her.

"Made you smile." She giggled and I stared at her smiling, "Hey, don't think about it."

"I'm trying." I whisper and sit up. She rubbed my back and looked at me.

"Its for the best, Demarcus." She whispers and I look at her. She smiled and Deandre walks up smiling.

"Demarcus, Nadia is crying." He whispers and we stood up following him upstairs.

"Nadia." I speak and she runs to me, "What's wrong, baby?"

"What did I do?" She asks and I walk to the master bedroom away from the girls.

"You did nothing." I whisper.

"Why did she leave me!? My mommy's never stay with me!" She cried and Ana lifted holding her against her boobs and exhaling slowly.

"I'm right here, Nadia. I've been here." She whispers and I sit beside her as Nadia cried harder.

Deandre and Briane walked out closing the door and I got on my knees looking at her. She was slowly falling asleep so Alice laid back still playing in her hair. I just climbed beside her and kissed my daughters chin smiling as her breathing went study.

"Thank you." I whisper and she smiled closing her eyes.

I just stared at her and smiled looking down at my ring on my finger. I looked at Ana and slowly took it off. I smile and Ana watched as I sat it on the dresser.

*Chapter has been RE-READ & EDITED*
~Sorry for any mistakes I'm not good with grammar and spelling and I am the only editor of my books so bare with me.