Part 20: Nolan Dre Smith

I stare at my baby boy and laughed as Monique sat down beside me and looked up as the door opened.

"My nephew." Briane whispers bending down in front of me and smiling, "Nolan."

"Five pounds seven ounces, eighteen inches long born July twenty-fifth. Ten forty five am." I whisper smiling and kissed him before giving him to Briane.

"Wow." She laughs and fixed his hat

I smiled and stood up walking to Monique who was walking back to the bed. She laid back and smiled at me.

"Monique can't talk or she will have really uncomfortable gas pains." I laugh and Briane giggled looking at Monique.

"Good job." She says and smiled as Deandre sat down beside her, "So how do you feel?"

"Like shit." She answers and I smile as Briane giggled and looked at Nolan.

"So we have Nadia, Dakota, Danny and Nolan." Deandre says and smiled, "Four kids and I will have six."

"That sucks for you." I laugh and laid on Moniques chest. She kissed my head and rubbed my back.

"Stop." Briane says as Deandre takes Nolan from her arms.

I just chuckled and watched. Soon they left and I fell asleep watching my boy eat. We stayed there for two more days, making sure Monique was healed from her infection and Nolan passes all of his tests. Right now he was taking his hearing test and his eye exam.

"Okay, ears are good." She says and I smiled looking at Nolan as he cried, "Now his eyes."

Monique sat on my lap and watched intently as she did her hair.

"Okay." The nurse whispers and looked at us a smile forming, "He isn't reacting to the light so that means."

"He's blind." I laugh and looked down.

"Yes, as far as I know." She says, "We would probably need more testing."

"Like what?" I ask sitting up as Monique did her make up.

"Um, some blood work so we can see why? Cause the eyes form at nine weeks and we want to make sure what it is for the future." She explains and I nod smiling.

"Monique, you hearing this?" I ask.

"No, I'm not listening." She answers and stood up lifting Nolan and placing him on her shoulder, "It wouldn't be genetic because Danny and Dakota came out perfectly fine."

"Nadia didnt." I answer starring at her as she grabbed the diaper and wipes.

"But that was Ana." She laughs laying him down and exhaling, "He's still my baby boy. My precious baby."

"Okay, so I suggest a therapist just because I feel like you don't believe me." She laughs.

Monique looked at her, "I don't."

"Okay." I exhaled and looked down, "Please bring a therapist."

"Okay." She walked out and I look at Monique smiling.

"He's looking at me, Demarcus." She whispers, "He looks for me already. I don't believe her."

"He hears you, Monique." I laugh, "He already knows your voice. He can hear you, baby."

"I'm scared." She whispered looking at me and tearing up, "Demarcus."

I held her and exhaled as she cried in my shirt. Soon she talked to a therapist and we got ready to leave the hospital.

"I get it." She whispers and I smile as I stared at Nolan who slept in his car seat, "He will be okay."

I lift the carseat and Monique sat in the wheelchair as we walked out with the bags and new baby.

"So, him being blind will not be painful for him and it will be normal since it started at birth. If anything occurs just come to the emergency room. He knows your voices so he will direct his eyes to the voice so don't be alarmed. I hope everything goes well."

"Thank you." I smile at her as I put the carseat in the car and helped Monique inside, sitting beside our son.

"Thank you."

"No problem. Have fun." She smiled and walked off.

I just drove home at a regular speed just because this was my third time bringing home a newborn and it wasn't that scary after the first.

"Hello." I answer the phone as I drove down to our street.

"Hey, we here." Mom laughs, "Are y'all on your way?"

"Pulling up now." I answer and pulled into the parking lot. I just hung up and parked the car.

Monique giggled as Nolan began to cry and I climbed out of the car. She exhaled as she walked with me to the door and our kids screamed running to us. I exhaled and sat down the carseat looking up as Deandre came from upstairs.

"So guys, this is Nolan Dre Smith." Monique announced, "And he is blind."

"He's what?" Melanie asked looking at Mom who pulled him out of the carseat.

"He's blind." I answer lifting Danny and smiling, "His eyes didn't fully develope."

"Dang." Ana exhaled and watched Mom sit down and looked at Nolan.

"Are you submissive in the bed?" Ana asks and I look at her laughing.

"No." Monique giggled.

"He looks just like Monique." She says and I look over at Allison who walked in holding Taylor's hand.

"Oh she's walking now!" Briane screamed and I smiled as she ran to me. I laughed and Monique giggled as she took Nolan from mom since he was hungry.

Me and Allison have not been doing good as friends. I think she still has feelings for me so it's hard for her not to start a fight with me or Monique. I haven't really tried to conversate with her either. She s my ex, one I was going to marry. She should be gone, but she slept with my cousin and now that's my cousin.

"Stop." Monique speaks and I look at Nadia who was starring at her brother and holding his hand.

"Did you wash your hands?" I ask her.

"Yeah. Dakota didn't that's why mommy said to stop." She whispers as Monique got Nolan ready for a feeding, "Hey, munchkin."

I lift Danny who crawled to me and smiled kissing her cheek. She giggled and looked down at Nolan who was red, crying loudly.

"What are you waiting for?" I ask chuckling as Monique just watched him.

"To fill up." She whispers and looked at Nadia, "Stand in front of me."

She did as told and Monique pulled up her shirt giving him his milk. He went quiet and I watched intently as Monique closed her eyes.

"The milk is coming now. They are late." She laughed and exhaled looking at me and smiling, "What?"

"Why do you close your eyes?" I ask sitting back and smiling.

"Because I can feel it. I can feel him sucking and I can feel my milk forming and leaking out of me." She explains and lifted my nose.

I push her hand, "Monique."

"What?" She giggled and kissed me, "Hm?" She kissed me again and I laughed looking at her as she looked down at Nolan.

I move closer and she looked up. I push my lips against hers and she smiled as she pulled away and looked at me. I sat back and she cuddles close to me.

I exhaled enjoying my family.

*Chapter has been RE-READ & EDITED*
~Sorry for any mistakes I'm not good with grammar and spelling and I am the only editor of my books so bare with me.