Chapter 9: R-E-J-E-C-T-E-D

Ariana's POV

I'm glad that Edwin agreed to do this with me, I'm not sure that I would have been able to go through with this if I were on my own. I sighed. "Hey whats wrong Ari?" Edwin asked curiously, my sigh was pretty loud and depressing. I threw a smile his way,

"Nothing's wrong just......a little tired." Edwin didn't looked convinced but went along with it anyway.

He looked down at his watch and his eyes widened. " I have to go I promised Cece that I'd meet her at lunch and I'm already 20 minutes late! Sorry Ari, but I have to go." He then left the library in a rush not once looking back at me. I frowned, a weird feeling settling in my stomach.

Edwin's POV

I ran as fast as I could to the cafeteria, I slowed as I got closer to the door. Looking in I saw Cece with our group of friends sitting at the table looking a little defeated.

"Hey guys, sorry I'm late I was..busy." I explained as they looked at me expectantly. Cece smiled, "Its ok, we didn't mind." Everyone else nodded agreeing with her.

"Look I know the past few weeks, we haven't be the best of friends," Yebbi started looking at her folded hands that wear resting in the lunch table, "and really there is no excuse that we can use because its all on us. I hope that you are willing to forgive us." She sighed looking up at me, her eyes glistening with tears.

"I'll admit..you guys have been suckish friends but I've known you guys since forever and I'm not willing to throw that kind of friendship away so easily." I smiled sitting down next to Jade,one of my other friends. They smiled, happy that I forgave them.

"Did you hear about the Valentine's Dance coming up?" Jade said breaking the awkward silence.

I frowned, "What? A dance since when?" I was very much confused. Yebbi smirked, "You're so oblivious it's kind of funny sometimes." She said laughing, I pouted not liking her making fun if me .

"Haven't you seem the posters? That have been up for a week now?" Cece butted in. "But why Valentines Day is over?" Talk about late.

"Yeah the Student Council knows this but they decided to anyway." Yebbi answered my question.

"Who are you going to ask?" Cece asked me looking a little to mischievous for my taste.

"Umm no one." I replied a little uneasy form the look she was giving me.

"No one my butt! Don't lie to me ok? Who?!" She glared at me, making me shrink back a little in fear. I waved my hands,"No really I don't have anyone in mind."

She snorted, "Ok whatever helps you sleep at night. Yebbi,looking curious, asked " Not even Ari?" I scowled, " Especially not Ari." I growled.

Ariana's POV

"Especially not Ari." Edwin growled out sounding disgusted. Nice to know I'm wanted, I frowned turning away form that lunch table and out the caf. looks like I'm going solo this dance.