Chapter 26: Figuring It Out

Edited

------------------------------------------------------

Edwin's POV

"Can you leave ?" Ariana asked me after she stopped pacing.

I frowned, "Are you mad at me ?" I asked, looking up at her with a curious and worried expression.

She shook her head, "No, I just need some time to think." She sat down next me resting a hand on my shoulder and she gave it a squeeze. "I really am not mad, maybe still a little annoyed about the fact you didn't tell me, but I'm not mad." She gave me a half-hearted smile.

I nodded, still a bit unsure. "Okay then, see you later ?" I asked uncertainly. She nodded in response and waved.

I walked out of her room and down the stairs. I was about to leave when Frankie, Ariana's older brother, came in eating an apple.. "Hey, where are you going ?" He said, taking a bite out of the apple.

"Home. Me and Ariana are done talking, so I'll be on my way." I replied trying to walk out of the kitchen trying to reach the front door. Then Frankie said something that made me even more worried then I was before.

"My sister really likes you Edwin, don't screw it up. Cause' if you do, it won't be pretty." He said in a calm but menacing voice.

"Don't worry bout it." I replied, while opening the door. Cause' I'm already worrying enough.

---------

I entered my house after walking back from Ariana's place, only to find my brother stuffing his face with a BLT sandwich and some root beer.

"Sup?" Edmund asked, his mouth full of sandwich.

I scrunched up my nose, "You're disgusting. Swallow then talk, understand ?" I told him, giving him a disgusted look. Such a pig, I frowned.

"Chill out, man I was just hungry." Edmund replied chuckling, with the food still in his mouth.

"Swallow, do you not understand what I just said?" I gagged at the sight of his food; that was still in his mouth.

"Ok, ok. I'll stop!" He said, it was quiet after a while, as he finished his sandwich. He just sat there looking at me curiously.

I shifted uncomfortably as he stared, "What? Why are you staring at me like that?" I asked, still feeling uncomfortable.

"You look. . .conflicted ?" He frowned staring at me, "What's on your mind ?" He inquired.

I shook my head, "I'm fine, just a little stressed." Sighing, I scratched my head. "I'm gunna be upstairs, if you need me just come up or call."

Edmund still looked suspicious, but still nodded. I walked upstairs and into my room. I had only been in there for 10 minutes before Edmund came barging in.

"Ok, I know you better than myself." Edmund spoke abruptly. "So, you should know me just as well, right?"

I nodded, "Then I should've known that you wouldn't let this go." I mumbled under my breath and shook my head and chuckled.

"Then you should that I wouldn't let this go." We said simultaneously.

I laughed, "Ok, you were right. Ask away bro." I said, looking at him attentively.

Edmund walked into my room and sat down in my desk chair. "Alright, first things first-" He began.

"I'm the realist!" I interrupted him while laughing. It never gets old.

"Haha, very funny." He said giving me the deadpan face. "As I was saying, what happened with your feelings for Ariana, is it because of what mom said?" He was blunt and straight to the point. Way to ease me in there bro..

I was a bit shocked, my brother wasn't the most attentive, so to say I was shocked was quite the understatement. He's either eating or on his phone.

"Yeah, I'm not that dumb. Now answer the question!" He exclaimed.

"Ok, well I went to her house cause I found out she was back. . ." I explained the story to him, while he sat looking very interested.

"So, let me get this straight. The night Ariana was kidnapped and you were shot at, you knew that that psycho was there, yet you didn't feel obligated to tell anyone ?" He looked at me a bit shocked.

I nodded, "Looking back, it was a stupid thing to do, but I didn't think it was that important." I replied, scratching my head, a nervous habit of mine.

"Ok, I see where your coming from. I don't blame you, but you think Ariana does ?" He asked. I nodded and he continued. "Personally, I think the only thing you can do is wait it out. Now onto the fact that you're unsure of your feelings for Ariana?"

"I've been thinking about it, and I'm almost positive that I. . . I don't love her. At least not anymore." I sighed, putting my head in my hands.

"Look bro, it's ok. People lose feelings all the time, just because you don't like her anymore doesn't mean you should be upset about it." Edmund patted my back.

"That's not it, she was-is a great friend. I don't want to lose her." I replied looking up at my brother.

"You know what you need to do? Tell her. That's the best thing you can do, it might ruin your friendship, but leading her on is worse." He said looking me straight in the eyes.

"Ok, I'll tell her." I replied, feeling reluctant. I didn't want to do it.

Edmund nodded, patting my back once more before leaving my room. "Ugh, why me?" I mumbled to myself.

-------------------------------------------------

A/N: wow this book is coming to an end soon, maybe 3 or 4 more chapters before the end.

Wow never thought I'd finish one book. :)

Hope u guys like this chapter!!!

Fan!

Vote!

Comment!

Enjoy!