I'm Sorry (Edited)

After arriving to my home sweet home, I quickly said: "Hello father"

"Why are you late?" Mike said.(Mike is my step father's name)

"It's not my fault since mother picked me up late. Don't blame me for something I didn't do." I said.

"How dare you speak about your mother like that Melissa! Off to your room now!" Mike said.

"I did not say it intentionally. I was just stating a fact that happened." I replied instantly with confidence.

My parents are honestly evil. They are just so different from what a loving family looks like. When visitors arrive they act all innocent and caring, but when they leave they turn into complete starngers and get all mad blaming me about everything. How rude.

I stormed to my room leaving them speechless. I sat on my bed thinking of what to do next. I ended up taking a shower and cillaxin'. Then I headed towards my mini office where my bag and stationary supplies are waiting for me to use them.

My phone started vibrating. It was an unknown number but I answered anyways. How dumb of me.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey honeybun! Whatsup?" Coal said.

"Why are you calling me, it's not like you care.. I'm fine. How did you get my number anyways?" I replied angirly.

"Who said? Well it's a secret of mine." He said.

"Why did you call me?" I repeated.

"Just messing around. Can't I have some fun?" He answered directly.

"Not at that instant because I'm busy doing homeworks. Cya around."

"Bye" he said huffing and puffing like the wolf in cartoons.

I wonder how he got my number. Looks suspicious. I have to concentrate before mom calls for dinner.

"Melissa dinner is ready!" Mother shouted.

"Damn it!" I replied

"What did I hear young lady?"

"Im coming..." I said shakingly.

I was about to do my homeworks. If you're wondering, my relationship with Mother and Father isn't like anybody else. Honestly it's like living in hell. What did I ever do to them?

I went downstairs scooping the food as fast as possible since mom said we have visitors coming.

"Slow down youre spilling the food." Dad said.

"Wooops" I replied sarcastically.
~.~

I headed upstairs getting dressed and all I could think about was who were the arriving guests?

DING DONG. The bell rang suddenly.

I decided to quickly wear skinny jeans with a black crop top to match the outfit and my black Nike shoes. For my hair I just left it dangling.

"I'll get it" I shouted.

I opened the door calmly but to my surprise, I didnt believe what I just saw.

"H..hello and welcome!" I greeted.

"Oh hello dear, how are you?" Jordan said. (Jordan is Coal's father and Mike's friend.)

"I'm fine thank you! Come on in." I said.

"Hey Melissa. Surprised much?" He said.

"Well ofcourse. Just move aside, I wanna close the door." I said.

"Excuse me? I didnt quite get that." He said mockingly.

"Copying Siri aren't you?"

"You guessed that right." He said.

Things went by normaly until Jordan asked me for a cup of water. This is where Coal started following me to the other side of the house, not so far.

"Coal what are you doing here? He asked me you know not Coal." I spoke.

"I wanna help honeybun." He said

"Ewww stop calling me that!" I said disgusted.

Suddenly he pushed the cup lightly in my direction, spilling some of it on my clothes.

"You were about to spill the freezing water into my warm chest, and what was that for?" I said.

I handed the cup of water and sat down innocently looking at the corner of my eye towards Coal. Well he was staring at me not even taking a break to blink. Damn...am I that attractive? I thought smirking.

"Melissa any problem." Mom said.

I didnt reply because my thoughts toke me into another world.

"Melissa?" She repeated.

"Yes mother?" I said.

"Any problem?" She said

YES THERE IS A PROBLEM.

"No. No problem at all." I lied.

They left after a while. Thank goooodness. I was exhausted and surprised simultaneously. Then  I started getting tired so I drifted to sleep.