What Party? (Part 1)

When we reached Centrel Park, one of the most famous parks in the city, we decided to take a seat next to the gigantic yet stunning fountain. It had attrctive lights surrounding it in a circular path, it was white, clean and everything about it was on fleek. I admired the beauty of it like it was the first time I ever see a fountain in my whole 19 years of living. If you're wondering, I turned 19 yesterday, although none of my family members gave two flying pigs about it. It crushed my heart and emotions. I had to go with the flow and forget about it but I found it hard. It was my birthday, the day of my birth, the day I came to face the cruel world, the day I was first born, the only child and the only hope my family had. It turned out that they're just as cruel as an evil devil coming to drag you down to hell, take over you, control you, kill you, and then bury you. I'm not overreacting nor am I exaggerating and being a drama queen. It was the truth, and it hurts.

"What are you thinking about?" Lucas asked.

"Nothing much. Just how life dragged me to that awesome spot." I replied. More like lied.

"Why? Is it the first time you come here?"

"Yes, my first time ever. Now I may look like a happy child but honestly the veiw is just amazing."

"Do you want to go for a walk then?"

"Why not?" I agreed.

We were walking and enjoying the smooth breeze until I saw Coal, with a group of guys? I was suspicious because he told me he was busy and couldn't meet. He lied to me. I knew there was something going on but he didn't want to tell me. I tilted my head and tried looking closer,

"Lucas. Coal is here. He said he was busy, what brought him here."

"Maybe he had a meeting with his friends in that exact park."

"Do you want to join them?" I asked

"I was going to. Want to join?"

"Why not?" I replied.

This is going to be good.

"Yo people." Lucas greeted.

He knows them? Since when? I thought he was just an adopted child that wanted love and care from my parents. I do remember when I asked him why did they adopt you and all he replied back was it isn't my concern. It was weird. Everything was weird.

"Yo Lucas. Whatsup?" Jacob said.

What the freak is going on? What is Jacob doing here? Furthermore, what is Coal doing here? Why are they here? Do they have a plan? 

"I'm fine. Meet Melissa, my sister. Melissa these are my friends. Jacob,Coal,Ethan,Mason and finally Daniel."

"Nice to meet you." I said with gritted teeth towards Coal and Jacob my ass.

"Everything alright?" Coal asked.

"May I talk to you?"

"Sure. Excuse me for a minute guys. I"ll be right back." Coal informed.

We stood behind the tree discusing about some misunderstood conversations.

"Coal what are you doing here? You told me you were busy and couldn't meet. Is there something going on that I must know?"

"Melissa, I just had an important meeting with the guys and nothing serious."

"What is Jacob doing here then? I told you I hate seeing his face. Since when do you know each other? Why haven't you told me anything about your friendship?"

"He was just an ordinary friend I met in grade three. He was a good freind to me. We met today with him specially because we are throwing a party at my house today at 10 oclcok. I would love you to join."