Adopted Brother?

I woke up the next day grinning, thinking about what occasionally and coincedentally happened to my father yesterday. Coal didn't do it intentionally, it was a mistake. Father should probably forgive him but never for breaking his bone. He will probably get a nose job soon so it wasn't that big of a deal for him. Father can always find a way to spend money. Don't get me wrong, he has to go to the hospital, but when it comes to spending money, he just does it freely.

"Good morning.." Coal said in his husky voice. 

"Morning! How was the night though?" I said chuckling.

"Pretty much dreamt about your father being slapped right across the face by a tennis rack in slow motion." He said laughing.

"Oh how much I'd love to see that." I smirked.

"It was truely filthy."

"Haha! Finally someone agreed on that point."

"You know you are not supposed to be speaking that way to your father Melissa."

"He was never a good father anyways, so it doesn't matter."

"I'll make breakfast."

"I'm joining."

After cooking breakfast, we were literally bored. 

" Have you heard about your brother?"

I went on complete mute for a moment and tried to remember whether I had a brother or not but memories didn't find the right match.

"What?"

"Melissa your parents adopted a son while you were away. He is from California and goes to your school as well. They didn't tell you?"

"I'm so excited to meet him! No they didn't." *Note the sarcasm*

"Melissa he's your brother after all you can't do anything about it."

"But Coal! He will eventually turn cruel because of my parents. It's no good."

"I know... I know. You have to meet him and that's final."

"You're kidding right?"

"Why would I be?"

With that said, I stormed out of the living room and shut the door of our bedroom and then crawled to bed crying.

"Melissa c'mon. Don't cry."

"This is bullshit! I never want to meet him. I'm never ready to get physically abused by that idiot."

"You can't judge when you didn't even meet him. Have hope. I don't you want you meeting him either but it's better to show that you care." If only she knew that I know him from a long time ago.

"I don't care about anyone anymore. Except you..There is no hope in this cruel world."

"Melissa I know you're strong enough. I can trust you. Now stop crying."

"Thank you."

He then came in the room after I unlocked the door and he sat on the edge of my bed. Thank you lord for gifting me a precious person in the world.

"Coal.."

"Hmmm?"

"When are we visiting them?"

"Maybe today evening."

I just held my breath at that instant and whished to die.

"Don't worry I'll be with you to protect you ."

We woke up again at 5 oclock. Pretty late and we only had 1 hour left to get ready.

"Coal wake up. We are late."

"Ok  I'm up." His husky voice said.

"Get ready. I'll take a shower."

I let the hot water touch my soft skin feeling the warmth and coziness. I had to hurry. I couldn't stay any longer. So I went outside and decided to wear a cute and comfy maroon croptop that spelled 'dope' and a skinny black legging along with my leather jacket and Nike shoes.

I waited for Coal to go down and this is where we head towards the haunted old  house.