Awkward...

We've spent literally the rest of the day staring at each other creeply, whereas for me, I kept studying every inch and emotion Lucas had, but it seems hard to understand it. Weird...
He kept staring, waiting for an action or a blink from me but nothing bothered to show up. I was focused deeply in him.

"Melissa you are creeping your brother." Father informed.

"Am I? I don't think that big boy would be scared that easily." I replied.

"Don't underestimate me young lady or elss you'll pay the consequences." Lucas said.

"Consequences? Seems interesting. What does that mean?" I asked curiously.

"You want to know?" He asked.

"Yupe."

"Run."

DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN.

"Crap!"

I got out of my seat, jumped on top of Lucas like an expert ninja, and ran towards the stairs. I know this game because I used to play it. I forgot which door leads to my bedroom, so I tried remembering, I had no time to think so I entered a random one. It looked new. I was guessing it belonged to Lucas since football posters and famous players including Messi,  Ronaldo and Neymar where hanging on the wall.

"We meet again." He said out of no where.

"What the actual chocolate chip syrup on a waffle!" I screamed my lungs out.

Yes I do say weird things when I freak out. I stopped trying to curse. It was an accomplishemt.

"Lucas!" I said shaking.

"Is someone scared?" He laughed.

"Well obviously...not."

"Seems believable." He said.

"Whatever. I'm out of here."

"Don't you want to get to know me more?" He asked again.

"Good idea." I turned back again.

We started playing 20 questions.

"What's your favorite color?" Lucas said.

"Olive green. Yours?"

"Dark blue."

"Just like your eyes." I stared.

"I know I'm hot. No need to state the obvious."

"Hot? More like barf suits you." I laughed.

"Atleast I'm better than you are."

"In your dreams. Anyways, when was the last time you actually hung out with a girl?"

"Like ages ago. I stopped that habit because it started getting boring, and i'm very busy lately with ordinary business."

"So you're used to it?"

"Pretty much."

"Anyways. Do you have a boyfriend?" He asked.

"Yes. You met him couple of hours ago. He's Coal."

"Nice."

"Do you have a brother?" I asked.

"Yes I do. He was adopted before I was, so I had to stay alone in the orphanage until your parents adopted me."

I guess he doesn't have parents. Well obviously he does. Then how was he born. 

"I'm sorry to hear that Lucas, but I'm adopted too.." I stood up and hugged him. He hugged me and stood up as well. He hugs very comfortably.

"Are we done?" He laughed.

"Haha. Yea."

That was awkward.

"Enough with questions. You need rest."

"True." He said.

"But wait. Why did my parents adopt you. They are very cruel. They don't give two flying potatoes about kids or company."

"Not my concern to tell you."

"Oh so there is a reason."

"Yea."

I hugged him one last time and said, "It was nice meeting you Lucas. I hope I'll get to know you more by time."

"Same goes to you."

What was the secret he didn't want to tell me? What was he hiding? I better find out.