Uncountable Questions

Reaching to our destination, I quickly strode towards the door knocking it repeatdly, when mother opened it, I shoved past her, not apoligizing and ignored the gazing followed by father. I slammed the bedroom door shut and layed on the bed feeling extremely tired. I deeply thought of what had happened over and over in my mind, until I gave up and stripped out of my uncomfortable clothes heading to the bathroom. I could care less looking at myself in the mirror since I already know I look like a garbage can that had been thrown to the dumpster. I let the warm water touch my bare and soft skin feeling the warmth and coziness enveloping me. After what seemed like hours, I headed outside changing into shorts and a creamy colored shirt. I then carefully slid the covers on top of me and let sleep take over me.

Next morning, I woke up at 1 p.m. I was feeling like someone hung me upside down and my head was aching uncontrollably. I took the required medicine to help the pain ease and went downstairs getting ready for breakfast. I ignored Lucas's greeting and opened the cabinet searching for the pancake mix. When I finally found it, I opened the package slipping the plastic bag out of it. To my realization, it was empty, fumes of anger ran down my body but I managed to control it. The next thing I was willing to eat was fried eggs, they weren't bad afterall. I cracked the egg open, dropping it on the hot pan that was placed on the stove, listening to the pleasent voices coming out from it. I cracked another egg open and started spreading the yolk equally with a spoon, to collide the eggs together. After I made sure it was well cooked, I placed it on the plate, spreading salt and pepper on top and decided to eat it with bread.

Once I was done, I placed the dish into the sink, washing it and placing it on the counter, I headed upstairs, washing my hands as well as brushing my teeth getting ready for an afternoon jog. I wore leggings with a sport bra to match and headed outside. I plugged my headphones and started listening to Humble by Kendrick Lamar. Once I was halfway there, I felt exhausted, so I turned and headed back to the house. I stopped at the door breathing heavily, when Lucas opened it out of no where. I waved a hello and headed upstairs getting ready for a shower. I once again let the hot water touch my bare and soft skin feeling the warmth and coziness. I went outside and wore comfortable pajamas when I decided on going downstairs to discuss with Lucas about things that couldn't be solved nor figured out in my mind.

I saw him seated peacfully watching one of his favorite t.v shows when he layed his gaze towards me. He smiled patting the seat next to him since he knew what was coming.

"Hey.."

"Hello Melissa. How are you feeling today?"

"Pretty good after I went for a jog."

"That sounds great. Now listen Melissa, he said sighing, "I know couple of things surprised you and I'm here to explain everything you ask."

I smiled in response signaling an 'ok' to him.

"First of all, in the party, Veronica had a back up plan to kidnap you when you weren't focusing towards her direction. She called Daniel to come and help her take you upstairs so that no one can notice she's the one causing harm. When you were sent to the room, you layed on the bed unconscious of your surrounding. Veronica and Daniel were discussing about telling you that Coal was in a gang but Jacob, the backup of the whole plan, stroded into the room interrupting what they were about to tell you when you were aware of your surroundings. He didn't want you to know just yet since he wanted to make things complicated for you. He insulted you and I'm sorry, he hurt you and I'm sorry, I'm sorry for not being able to save you before any of this happened, I'm sorry for not being by your side when you mostly needed it, I'm just so sorry. After I came into the room, I saw what he did to you and punched him striaght in the jaw and took you out of his grip."

I was utterly stunned from all the information I wanted to know. I was utterly in complete awe when I heard Coal was in a gang all the time not telling me. I was confused to as who ran the gang when Lucas interrupted.

"The person running the gang and bringing up the idea of it is your father Mike, the one and only. He was the one to cause all the harm. He was the one that called Veronica the other night, telling her to kidnap you,since he knew I had her number for being her boyfriend, he was the one."

I was fuming with anger and rage. Why didn't I know all of that? Why didn't they tell me earlier about all that? Lucas continued on.

"The question you were asking me earlier and replied, it wasn't of your concern is that, he decided to adopt me since I was capable of taking responsibilty to help him run the gang. He discussed all of the information with me before I agreed to his offer. He wanted me to take full responsibilty because he knew one day, he wouldn't be able to do so."

I nodded allowing Lucas to carry on.

"According to Daniel, he is prisoned in jail for a month and I, as a responsible and caring man, got him to leave the gang, as for Veronica, she was sent to jail for kidnapping you of course."

"What about Coal?" I asked.

He sighed, "After Coal was getting drunk in a corner, I caught him and quickly sent him to the hospital since he was puking all over the place. They said he was poisoned by a drink. That's why you couldn't see him all the time. We didn't know who poisned him, but for sure, in every party, there has to be something poisened."

"What happened to father?" I asked.

"His secret got labeled as a crime since a gangs will is to kill and murder people. He was sent to the judges to clarify his point and sentenced to be priosned for a year."

"A year?", I said unbelieving gasping at his words, "But this is too much." I replied.

"For a crime like this, it isn't."

"What will happen to you guys? You are also part of the gang you know. What will happen to Jacob,Coal,Ethan, Mason and you?" Already knowing Daniel was in jail.

"They're sentenced to as innocent people since they didn't cause any harm." Lucas said.

"What will happen to the gang afterall?" I asked.

"We'll figure it out later, but I'm sure we will end it because it's causing trouble."

All the words Lucas spit out of the bag was too much to handle, too much to take in, too much to comprehend the gang, afterall to much harm and violence for the people in the country. What will happen if Mike, my father and Daniel, a member in the gang comes out of the jail? Will the gang stop at an end or continue? 

"Lucas." I said.

"Yes?"

"If father and Daniel came out of jail, what will happen?"

"Daniel will be sent to another country, as for father, He will be no longer able to enter the gang since I'm responsible from now on."

"Promise me one thing."

"Which is?" He sounded confused.

"Don't harm nor cause violence to anyone."

He sighed, "I promise, but if we had to, then it will be done."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed! Comment what you think about the chapter. Don't forget to vote.

I want to thank @ReveGrand for the amazing cover. I would also love to see covers made by you guys, and if you're interested, I'll be more than happy to see them. Thank you for the support lovely fellows. I'll see you in the next chapter!