A Lazy Day

I recognized, that I've slept in the same position as I did yesterday. My head was still between my legs and I was currently laying my back on the door. My neck was aching as well as my back from the position I've been sleeping in. I stood up gaining my balance as I headed towards the bathroom thinking again of what happened yesterday at the hospital. I never expected such a move from a sweet person, Coal. Can you believe it? Coal Henswood, my no longer beloved boyfriend, had insulted me with his words, of how he hoped he never met me, never talked to me, by also kicking me out of the room and most importantly, cursing my brother for doing his worse when actually defending him from the cruel world. How rude of him and how unbelievable this situation was. I couldn't imagine Coal breaking up with me for no reason. After all, what did I do wrong? The only mistake was my father, for starting the gang, and Coal accepting his offer. Where did I go wrong? Well, it didn't matter to me anymore because I've already changed into the cold-hearted person I am. I was sitting on the toilet trying to calm myself as hard as I possibly can, when I heard a knock on the door.

"Melissa, you in there?" Lucas asked.

"Where else?" I replied dryly.

"Don't get mad. It's going to be alright. After all, I may stop the gang, so don't worry."

"Don't try too hard as your words affected me deeply yesterday. I appreciate your comfort and support towards me, but it no longer will change the fact that I'm very mad."

"I'm sorry. You asked me to tell you, an I answered honestly."

"Why didn't you tell me earlier Lucas? Why do you want me to suffer now?"

"I didn't mean to. Now get out of there and let's go for a walk to chill out a bit."

"Thanks but no. I'm too tired to face life."

"Melissa, don't act lazy. It's not going to help make things any better. When you want to forget about something, you try and make something else in order to forget. Now get out of the bathroom."

"Lucas please, leave me alone. I promise I'll go for a walk later. I'm not feeling it right now."

"Huhh, alright. If you need anything I'll be downstairs."

I heard his footsteps faint every second that passed. Taking a peek, I saw no one and decided to get out after washing my hands. I jumped into bed, opening my laptop, watching Pitch Perfect on Netflix, to help me forget about the past. Lucas was right.

After and hour and the half, my eyes were swelling, red as ever and had black bags under them. I shut the laptop and jugged downstairs wanting a snack. I heard my stomach growling and this is when I cooked pancakes, my favorite. Luckily, we had a full package in the counter. Setting the stove on medium heat, I placed the pan waiting for it to warm up. After couple of minutes, I spread my pancake mix into the pan listening to the pleasant voices. I poured another one and another one, until I had three well looking, handsome, lovely pancakes placed on a dish all ready to be eaten. I was devouring them so bad that I forgot to bring a fork and knife, and started digging into the plate. Finishing them, I placed it in the sink and asked Lucas to wash it for me since I wasn't feeling very well. He is a good brother, I never thought he would actually accept the offer. I thanked him and off I went getting ready for an afternoon jog. I also asked Lucas if he would like to join but he refused since he had a stack of papers to fill for tomorrow. Agreeing, I head upstairs stripping off my pajamas and wearing tight leggings as well as a sport bra to match the outfit and went outside. Listening to That's What I Like by Bruno Mars, I jogged until I stopped at a mysterious place where a mysterious person stood with another girl. Looking at the person I recognized, I saw him negoriating with the girl. Poor her, but the person talking to her was no other than.. wait what? Ethan! He wasEthan? Oh crap, what's going to happen with brother finds out? I quickly turned and ran as fast as my feet could take me to my destination, wanting to tell Lucas what I saw. Knocking on the door calmly this time, Lucas opened with a smile on his face appreciating the fact that I knocked politely.

"Lucas! You wouldn't believe what I saw!" I said breathing heavily.

"What? What did you see?" He said opening the door wider, gesturing for me to enter.

"Ethan talking another girl." I said thinking of why I seemed so bothered

"Seems suspicious."

"You're not surprised?" I asked confused.

"Why would I care, I mean it's his life after all. I can't judge."

"Oh well, you're right. Just wanted to inform." I said.

"Is mom still at the club?" I said "I mean it's been two days. She rarely comes home and takes care of us."

"She never does anyway. What's the point in being worried if she doesn't want us to be her kids anymore?"

"Huhh, alright." 

The door bell rang. I'm sure it's mother.

"Lucas, open the door, I'll just change because I'm sweating." I said.

"Yea sure."

Lucas opened the door reveling the one and only mother, on full drunk mode. Lucas was stunned but refused to make her enter.

Lucas's P.O.V

"You're not entering the house." I said.

"And who are you to judge whether yes or no?"

"Well, I always recognize I'm the only one responsible in the house when you rarely come visit and sleep here. You're not entering,  and that's final."

"You don't want me getting mad do you?" Mother said laughing.

"I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR MADNESS. YOU. ARE. NOT. ENTERING. THE. HOUSE." I said rage filled up in my body.

I slammed the door shut in her face and ran a frustrated hand through my hair, hoping Melissa didn't hear any of that.

Melissa's P.O.V

I heard brother screaming at mother for some reason and slamming the door shut. I bet he didn't allow her to enter because if he did, he wouldn't be that angry. After I was done showering, I headed downstairs. A confused expression made it's way to my face when I saw Lucas standing all frustrated at the door.

"Don't be angry. It's going to be ok."

"How is it going to be ok when our mother is drunk as hell and wanted to enter the house? She could've killed someone if I allowed her to enter." Lucas said.

"Alright calm down. I'll be going to sleep since I'm very tired. I'll see you later."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed! Comment what you think of this chapter!

I also made a new move by adding P.O.Vs. What do you think? Vote if you want different P.O.Vs from different people! Thank you.