CHAPTER 5

MARIA'S POV
*************************

The screams, please make them stop! I need to get to that light at the other side of the bridge, just a few steps more.

"MARIA! COME BACK TO ME PLEASE!"

Isabell? I looked towards the direction where her voice was coming from and there she was standing in tears. She looked as if she got ran over by a truck, her clothes was dirty and eyes bloodshot.

"Please don't leave me Maria, you are the only friend that I have, I need you by my side." She said in a softer tone.

"Maria!" Another voice shouted from the other side if the bridge.

The eye-blinding light was still there and a figure emerged from it. A tall man with black hair stood there smiling at me. I couldn't help but to realize that we almost look identical.

"It's not time for you to come with us yet my dear, you have a lot to fulfill before you can join us. Your friends need you more right now. We will meet again when the time is right." The mysterious man said before walking back into the light and the light vanished. What just happened? What was that?

I opened my eyes griping my chest. There is no air! I need air!

What am I doing in the nurse's office?

"Relax babe, it's alright." A voice said from behind me.

My eyes immediately met Isabell's, she was standing at the door with Ethan behind her. I tried calling out to her but my voice completely left my body. She shifted her focus to the unknown person behind me who spoke earlier and ran out of the room with Ethan running after her. I didn't bother ask the person behind me for help, instead I tried to get up on my own. Placing my foot on the floor the figure behind me moved and stood in front of me. It was the devil himself, the one I wished I could rip his throat out over and over again, the guy I couldn't hate more, Drake Stevens.

He looked so apologetic but I wasn't falling for it. I was so pissed at him.

"Look Maria, I am truly sor-" but I cut him off before he could say another word.

"No you look you piece of crap! You have caused me pain throughout all of my life even though I did nothing to you. What do you think? That I will come to you now just because you're my mate, remember I can just reject you by only three words! I don't have to be with you!" I shouted at him in through pain and anger.

I know it is very hard rejecting your mate and living without them. But why should I care? He can easily hook up with another girl whenever he feels like. He doesn't need me.

"Maria please don't say that." I saw hurt in his eyes as he knew that I was on the edge to reject him. He took a step towards me but I quickly put my legs back on the bed and turned my back to him.

He walked over to me and touched my back with his finger. I felt electricity ran through my body and my skin was instantly filled with goose pimples. That darn Drake, he knew that his touch would affect me and I might fall soft for his touch.

I leaned back in his touch as the sensation feeling of his warm skin on mine. He noticed what I did and I heard him chuckled, I quickly snapped back into reality and pushed him off.

Drake tried to speak to me once more but was unsuccessful when I started to call for Nurse Alice. She came almost immediately with a half eating pretzel stuck to her face and bed hair, it was clear that the lady was taking a nap and dreaming about a shirtless model.

"Mhmm what's the prob- Oh Maria you are awake. Listen you might have some nasty bruises but nothing major happened to you, however, you need to stay here so I can keep an eye on your recovery." She said quickly as if all she wanted to do is get back to her dream.

What! Sleep the night? I can't do that, my parents would kill me if I didn't reach home by 8.

The nurse Alice noticed the world-is-coming-to-an-end expression and smiled a little.

"It is OK Maria I spoke with your parents and they say it is fine, as long as you are okay they don't have a problem, besides I will also be here with you" she spoke.

"Thank you so much nurse Alice. I really appreciate it."

She came and gave me a hug, I wince as the pain in my arm stung. When she released me I saw that she was wearing a smirk on her face.

"You know Maria, you can heal faster if your mate is with you." Her smirk grew wider and I saw that Drake also was wearing a huge smirk.

"HELL TO THE NO!!!!" I shouted. There isn't no way that they are actually considering this! No mam! No ham! No turkey!

"Come on its not like you guys will be mating, he is just going to be lying next to you." She reassured me with relaxed attitude.

"Plus" Drake said, "if you don't want to do it willing I would simply ask Alice to give you some of that substance that puts you to sleep and you won't have a choice" his face was so calm when he said it, like he was rehearsing it in his head.

"Well dumbass you are the reason why I am here in the first place!" his smile was quickly replaced with sadness.

I hate to admit it but they are right, everyone knows that your mate helps you heal 3x faster than when you are healing by yourself. SCREW IT! I just want to go home.

"Fine" I muttered but only for me to hear.

"What did you say" both Alice and Drake said at the same time with huge smirks.

"I said FINE!" Loud enough so that my voice echoed through the hallway. "You guys are behaving as if you don't have supernatural hearing but if you ever tell anyone we slept together I won't have mercy on you even if you are my mate." I said harshly and cold.

Drake swallowed loose saliva in his mouth while holding his hand up and putting it to his chest to show that he promised he won't say a word. Without hesitating, he hopped in the bed beside me. I turned my back towards and tried to get as far as I could from him but he took advantage of it by hugging me from behind.

I was too tired to argue and I could feel myself drifting off in the dark place that I know too well. I involuntarily snuggled closer to him. Before I was drifted in natures gift, I heard him muttered something under his breath but I was too drowsy to figure out what he said, although I didn't like the comfortable feeling that I was getting from my body I closed my eyes feeling safe with my mate.