Chapter 2

Bayne's POV

"We need to get out of here." I said cold and detached from the world. Aaron looked up from Tori's lifeless body and met my gaze. I could see the tears wanting to spill over as he sniffled and stood on shaky legs. He nodded and pushed away all other emotions except for anger and hate. "But first, we destroy everyone here and burn this place to the ground." I said looking at him for any objections. Just as I had thought, he nodded and followed me out of the basement.

The hunters were easy to take out, they had no supernatural strength or powers; they were mere humans who hated us. Some didn't even see us coming as they met their end. Others put up a fight only to lose later. The harder part of getting out was the Immortals. Not impossible to kill, but very hard, once you drain their blood you have to burn their bodies. There were a total of one hundred hunters and twenty Immortals. As the fighting went on I noticed Aaron was losing too much blood to keep his guard up. In less than a minute he would be light headed and then he wouldn't be able to stop the Immortals coming after him.

"Aaron, get out of here. Now!" I told him as I finished off the last of the Immortals around me.

"No! I'm not leaving you!" he shouted

"I'm not asking you to leave, I'm telling you! Get out and find a safe place to wait for me." I told him as I jumped on top of an Immortal that was charging Aaron from behind. I wanted Aaron out of danger; he was the only thing I had left that I cared about, the only thing keeping me sane, the only one who knew what I had gone through. He and I were the only ones who would understand each other; we needed each other to get out. "Aaron! Get out!"

"No Bayne! We live or die together!" he said as he ripped the head off of another Immortal. All the Hunters were dead, and we had killed just over two thirds of the Immortals, but if we didn't hurry and burn the place the Immortals would start coming back. "Bayne, we need to hurry." Aaron said starting to panic.

"I know." I said getting angry. My wolf was just below the surface, and when she comes out there is no stopping her. "Aaron, stay out of my way." I said in a calm and dangerous, almost demonic voice. This only happened when I was going full wolf, when I was out for blood, when I was beyond pissed. Aaron nodded and ran to the garage to get gasoline and a lighter to finish the job. After he left everything else just blurred together; the blood, the shrieks, the bodies, the pain. When things started to seem normal again I saw Aaron dousing the bodies of the Immortals with a gallon of gasoline and then making a trail of it all around the room, and then out the front door. I followed him out and gave him a nod. Pulling out a lighter he threw it down and within seconds the whole lower level of the house was engulfed in flames.

When we were sure none of the Immortals could come back to their bodies we ran towards the woods to shift. Once far enough into the woods I shifted back to two legs and walked over to where I had some cloths hidden.

"Bayne, you're bleeding." Aaron informed me. I looked down to examine myself, and sure enough I had a small bullet sized hole in my side that was leaking the red warm liquid.

"Oh." I inserted my finger into the wound and searched for the slug. After only a minute of sliding my finger around the entry wound that was no bigger than an inch in diameter, I pulled out the silver bullet and threw it on the ground.

"I will never get used to seeing that." Aaron commented as he shook his head and closed his eyes. I gave a huff to show I heard him. I had pulled over two hundred silver slugs out of my body in the last ten months. Most coming from the people I was sent to kill and missions gone wrong, but there were some where the hunters would pull the trigger and miss their target.