Chapter 7

Aaron's POV

Bayne and I walked in to Alpha Jeremy's pack house, I could literally see how tense and on guard Bayne was, discreetly looking around for any possible threats, glaring at everyone who looked at her the wrong way. But that's how she was trained. I looked around as well, but I was a little more obvious about it.

"Welcome." The Alpha said as he walked in front of us, as soon as he had stopped moving a woman came down the stairs. "Ah," he smiled up at her, "This is my mate, Elaina." She walked over to him and smiled at us. The Alpha took her into his embrace and made the introductions. "Elaina, this is Aaron and... Bayne." He hesitated when he said Bayne's name, obviously cautious about his mate's reaction. The small blond haired woman looked at me and smiled, then looked at Bayne and knitting her eyebrows together.

"You're Bayne?" she asked, Bayne just nodded, "Bayne Silver?" she asked again, growing slightly irritated Bayne nodded again. "Wow. I don't mean to be rude, but I always thought that Bayne was... that you were..."

"Male." Bayne finished for her.

"Well, yah." she said sheepishly, Bayne only nodded. "Oh dear, you're bleeding." Elaina said almost horrified. Bayne looked down at her side where the dagger had been.

"I know." She said nonchalantly like it was normal, and it kind of was.

"Let's get the pack doctor to look at that." She said as she walked closer to Bayne. Instinctively Bayne growled and clenched her fists. I stepped in between Elaina and Bayne, blocking her view of the Alpha's mate.

"Look, I... we appreciate the offer, but Bayne doesn't need a doctor... doesn't like them either." I explained.

"Well that wound needs to be cleaned out and stitched up." Jeremy said coming up to Elaina's side.

"No it doesn't, it will heal on its own. If you clean it and stich it up you will not allow my body to become accustomed to this new wolvesbayne." Bayne told the Alpha

"New wolvesbayne?" Jeremy asked

"Bayne's body is more tolerant to regular wolvesbayne and silver than other wolves..." I started

"But now there's a new formula that's stronger, therefore making my body react to it in the same way you react to real stuff." Bayne said in a 'duh' tone.

"How did you become tolerant?" Elaina asked

"Trust me, you don't want to know." She told the Luna coldly.

"Well, as Alpha and the person who is offering you a room to stay in, I think I deserve to know." Jeremy said

"Fine, I'll get out of your hair." Bayne said as she turned on her heals and started walking out the door.

"STOP!" Jeremy said in his Alpha tone.

"Get this through your head Alpha," Bayne mocked as she turned around, "I don't take orders from you, and your alpha tone doesn't do shit to me, what is in my past doesn't need to be shared." She growled out after getting in the alpha's face.

"Bayne, wait a minute." I tried to stop her but she was already shifting and taking off into the woods. I groaned and turned to the alpha to apologize.

"What was that all about?" Alpha Jeremy asked

"She is different than other she wolves." I started.

"Yah I got that, but why didn't she respond to my Alpha position?" he asked as if trying to clarify his first question.

"She's killed plenty of Alphas that an Alpha command no longer works on her. Her wolf takes all the power from the people she kills and uses it. If she uses her 'Alpha tone' no Alpha would be able to disobey her." I explained.

"But she's not an Alpha." Jeremy said trying to make sense of the situation.

"Doesn't matter, she has Alpha power through her wolf. That along with the rogue's rebellious nature, there's no way of commanding her to do anything."

"Well, how do I get her to do what I need her to do?" Jeremy asked

"She's not a part of your pack, and the fact that you are treating her like she is, is not helping your case, you have to ask her like you would any other Alpha. Bayne does what she wants, and right now she wants to kill that son of a bitch Sercko."

"Who is Sercko?" Elaina asked.

"He's the hunter responsible for both of our suffering." I said casting my eyes downward.

"Jeremy, go apologize to Bayne." Elaina demanded.

"What?" he asked like a teenage boy instead of an Alpha. "I don't even know where she is."

"I can help with that." I told him smirking.

"Ugh. Do you think she would be willing to stay with us? Maybe train some of my pack warriors?" Jeremy asked.

"You can ask. Get a shirt and some shorts, we'll go find her." I walked out with the Alpha tailing me with a smaller shirt and a pair of shorts. I stripped and shifted into my large grey wolf; quickly picking up Bayne's faint scent and followed it.

Shortly after leaving the pack house I found Bayne in a small clearing as she lapped up water from the stream. However my presence was not secret for long, thanks to the Alpha and his men's heavy paws. I saw her ear twitch as she picked up on the thumping from the wolves behind me. She let out a low threatening growl as the hair on the back of her neck stood on end. I lowered my head slightly as the others shifted and changed. I was handed a pair of shorts by Jeremy's beta, quickly I shifted and put the shorts on and walked over to Bayne as she started at the men in Jeremy's pack.

"He wants you to train them." I told her, she growled and shook her fur out, her way of saying no. "Think about it Bayne, we don't know where he is, and having a pack would help with taking him out, we wouldn't be in this fight alone. We would have access to resources we could only dream of, a powerful Alpha who could get us everything we need to take out Sercko and a place to sleep at night. Not to mention food to eat and people to take care of us." I said, I was tired of living on my own, and Bayne was not an ideal traveling companion. She frequently shut herself off and retreated into her wolf, and when she did shift back she never carried a conversation longer than it needed to be, she was all business. "Joining this pack would give us a place where we belong. Isn't that what you wanted after you killed Sercko?" she huffed and looked from me to the men in Jeremy's pack, "We'll just be getting a pack before that bastard dies." I finished by holding out the cloths that the Alpha grabbed for her.

"Will she do it?" the Alpha asked, I looked at her as my stomach did flips from the hope that she would accept the Alphas proposal, becoming the pack trainer would keep her fighting skills up and it would help this pack become stronger. Bayne took the cloths from my hand, went behind a tree and shifted. Seconds later she came back frowning, but not in a disapproving frown.

"Put away your emotions, your eyes are as transparent as glass." She scolded me, I quickly hid all hope that could possibly show through me, every time she corrected me on something like that it was like my mother was telling me what to do, not a friend. I didn't want to disappoint her. "Here's how we do this; I train the top warriors in your pack, if they can handle it I will train more. But, anyone who challenges me or goes against my instructions will be dealt with my way. That includes you." She said as she walked back to the pack house with me tailing her. The Alpha nodded as Bayne passed him and took me aside.

"What does she mean by 'her way'?" he asked with wide eyes.

"A duel." He looked at me with confusion covering his face, "Fight to submission..." I explained, "...or death, whichever is needed in order to get her point across." I finished turning to follow Bayne back to the pack house.