Chapter 32

Josh's POV

It's been a few days since Bayne yelled at Aiden and so far everyone's been walking on egg shells around her. We haven't had an incident yet, but I think the amount of caution everyone has around her is making her mad. She claims that she just want's things to go back to normal but everyone is afraid to do that. She's finally walking on her own, well sort of. She can go a few steps without help, but then she tires herself out and has to use the wall or Aiden and me. She still has the pins and needles in her feet, but she says it goes away after a while and her feet just become numb. I think the lack of feeling she has in her feet is what concerns me most, and she refuses to go to the doctors to get it checked out.

I had been with Bayne in the mornings while Aiden took care of business, then we ate lunch together and switched. This morning Bayne had walked from the bedroom to the top of the stairs. I stayed by her side as she slowly made her way to the railing, when we came to the stairs I insisted on carrying her down, but she blatantly refused. The whole way down I was worrying about her falling that I practically pulling my hair out. Every time she stepped down I thought her knee was going to give out. I think I held my breath the whole way down. When we got to the bottom Bayne looked physically exhausted, mentally I knew she could go for the whole day, maybe more because she had been cooped up for so long, but her body wasn't up for it.

"Alright, time for you to sit down and rest a little. Don't work yourself too much the first day out of bed." I told her with a stern but loving tone. She just rolled her eyes at me and slowly made her way over to the couch. I helped her ease down and get in a comfortable position, then went into the kitchen to make breakfast.

"So this is how it's going to be from now on? You and Aiden dancing around just about everything I do, making sure I don't get hurt." Bayne's voice was annoyed but curious. Like she was trying to figure out what her role in this relationship will be.

"Well, once you're back to 100% you can go back to training, we'll probably still try and make sure you don't get hurt, but things will calm down a little." I told her from the kitchen, a smile came to my face when I opened up the fridge and saw two omelets with a sticky note on them with heating instructions from mom. I was not the best cook in the house, but my food was edible.

"And everything else. You guys waiting on me hand and foot, the both of you asking me if I'm okay every twenty minutes. What about those things? Are those tendencies that will stop or should I start looking into getting a room at an insane asylum?" I silently chuckled as I grabbed both plates out of the microwave and picked up our drinks. As I walked into the living room I was looking at the back of her head. Her hair was still slightly wet from the bath she had earlier, but the dampness made her natural curls cling together. She was beautiful, and I was lucky to have a woman like her. She was strong and independent, she didn't need anyone's approval and she hated the idea of being the center of attention. I just had to help her understand that she was worth the love she gets from Aiden and me.

"Does our concern for your safety and comfort really bother you that much?" I asked with a smile as I handed her plate to her. She looked me in the eye and I caught her lip twitch up.

"It's the constant asking that drives me crazy, if I am uncomfortable I will tell you." She defended then looked down at her plate and started eating.

"No you won't." I knew she was lying, she wouldn't tell anyone she needed anything or wanted anything. It's the way she was raised. She was taught to hide her emotions and desires, she wouldn't willingly tell me or Aiden what was wrong with her. I know that right now Aaron is the only one she trusts completely, but I was hoping that she would have developed some trust in Aiden and myself by now. Sometimes it hurt that she was so close to Aaron, he wasn't her mate; Aiden and I were. She should feel a little something for us, a little trust or familiarity. I know that every time I look at her I get this feeling that I can't explain as anything but unconditional love. It may be a little too soon to say that to her, especially with how out of touch she is with her emotions, but it's true. I love her, and I would do anything for her.