Chapter 43

Aaron's POV

When Josh and Aiden told me that there were rogues along the border and had asked to speak with them, I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. Rogues don't usually want to talk, and if they do it's usually not a good topic for discussion. They asked me to go with them, just in case something went wrong and they needed back up. When they told me they would put guards on Tori to ensure her safety I reluctantly complied and went with them.

It didn't take us long to reach the border on two legs, and when we got there one rogue had shifted and was standing in a pair of basketball shorts while the others were standing behind him still on four legs waiting for us.

"Well, we're here." Aiden clipped.

"Yes, but I do remember me saying I wanted to speak with the Alphas, not the Alphas and this wolf..." the rogue said as his attention shifted to me.

"Well you got the Alphas here to talk to and you've just pissed me off. So let's make this quick shall we?" I was annoyed to say the least. He was not in the position to be making demands like that and he had gotten what he wanted anyway. Both Alphas at the border to talk with him.

"Well I guess it's all the same. I guess my question is, what time is it?" my jaw almost hit the floor. He wanted to talk with both Alphas to ask what the time was? Just buy a watch for crying out loud. I'm sure if he went into the human city there would have been several people who would have given him the time. Something didn't sit right.

"1:30... why?" Aiden frowned, he knew something was up. Why would a rogue go through all this trouble to ask a stupid thing like that?

"I just need a minute of your time. You can time me if you want..." after maybe ten seconds of not saying anything the rogue smiled and tapped his wrist as if gesturing to a watch. The three of us growled at his blatant disrespect and the clear waste of time he was becoming.

"He doesn't actually want to talk. He's just wasting our time." Josh was the one to say what we were all thinking. But the question as to why still remained.

"I may have wasted your time, but I've given the Vampire all the time he needs." By the end of his sentence all his rogue buddies were taking off in the forest and the man was retreating back as well.

"What the hell does that mean?" Aiden hadn't put it together, but I sure did. The second the words left his mouth I knew exactly what he was talking about. It was a set up...

"SHIT!" I turned tail and ran full speed back to the house, hoping that we weren't too late to at least catch a scent or even prevent it from actually happening. "NO! NO! NO! DAMN IT!" I burst through the door and ran up the stairs to Tori, hoping that she was okay. "Bayne... go check on Bayne!" I yelled over my shoulder to the twins as they followed me up the stairs. I heard synchronized growls as they ran to their room and put the pieces of the conversation together.

"TORI! TORI WHERE ARE YOU?!" I caught her scent but didn't see her anywhere. My heart started beating sporadically when she didn't answer me. She had to be here! Sercko didn't know she was alive so he would know to look for her right? "TORI!"

"Geese what is it?" her voice came from behind me. I spun around so fast I thought I would have whiplash, but when I saw her face, perfect and confused, I didn't care. I ran over to her and immediately wrapped my arms around her. She was safe. She was here and Sercko didn't take her.

"You're okay... You're safe and you're okay." I repeated more for myself than for her.

"What are you going on about? Of course I'm okay, you had seven guards on me when you left just a few minutes ago... what's going on?" I pulled myself away and examined her, she looked completely fine. I went down on my knees and pressed my ear to the barely their baby bump she had acquired and listened to the steady and strong heartbeat of our baby.