Chapter 13

Bayne's POV

Camping? Seriously? Jeremy seriously wanted everyone to go on a camping trip to get some team bonding shit in? I don't understand that man, but I figured it would be a good opportunity to enhance their training, or simulate some kind of survival skills. As I packed my bag I heard some of the men in the back yard talking about the trip through my window.

"You think Bayne will make us train while we're out?" one man asked.

"Probably, but I can't say I blame her, that's all she's ever known." Another man said.

"Yah, but this trip is supposed to be fun, like a vacation." I scoffed and rolled my eyes. I hadn't worked them that hard in the months I had been here, but if they wanted a break from training I wouldn't be responsible for their bodies' response on Monday. If they wanted to take the weekend off then Monday would be hell for them. I would work them twice as hard, and that would be if I felt generous.

"Don't let her hear you say that." A voice that I would know anywhere said, Aaron.

"Aaron, what are you doing here?" the first man said.

"Brian; you idiot, he's allowed to be outside when he wants to. I'm sorry Aaron, he didn't mean anything by his comment." The second man said.

"It's alright, Howie right?" Aaron asked.

"Yah." Howie said

"Well there's really no need to apologize for Brian's comment, I was just coming back from a run and happened to hear you conversation. I figured the nice thing to do would be to warn you about the fact that you are standing right below her bedroom window, and Bayne's hearing is at least twice as good as any alpha."

"Damn, that must be awesome." Brian said. I just huffed and continued packing my jeans and tanks.

"Not for us." Howie said as realization hit him.

"What do you mean?" Brian asked, obviously confused by the exchange between Aaron and Howie. I didn't hear anything after that and assumed that Howie and Brian left to avoid saying anything else that would get them in trouble. When I finished packing my bag I set it next to the door and went back to the window. There were people outside, laughing and playing with the kids, they all looked truly happy. I felt my eyebrows come together in a frown, why do I feel jealous?

"Bayne?" Aaron's voice came from the hall way. I quickly whipped the thought from my mind and went to the door. I picked up my bag and walked out the door with Aaron following a few steps behind.

~

"Alright, we'll set up camp here. Greg, take some men to get fire wood, the rest of us will set up the tents." Jeremy ordered. I took a quick look around the opening, trying to find something in the bushes, but the only thing I got was an occasional rodent. "Relax Bayne, this is supposed to be a fun weekend." I looked over to Jeremy and frowned.

"I expect that your men are up and ready for training by 5:00." I told him.

"Seriously? Come on, don't you know how to cut loose?" he questioned.

"The only thing I 'cut loose' is a person. If any of your men don't participate in the training they will not return on Monday." I turned away from him and came face to face with Aaron, his face said it all to which I just sighed and shook my head. "Your men can start their relaxing after noon." Aaron just smiled and gave me a small nod.