Epilogue

Arianna's POV

Gracie and I had planned on going to the mall today, not for anything in particular, we just needed a break. And besides, everyone's aloud a break on their birthday... right? Gracie and I had intentionally dressed the same, dark skinny jeans with a white singlet and our favorite black leather jackets; although with her hair flowing in waves down to the middle of her back and mine, pin strait not even reaching my shoulders, the whole idea of making people think they're seeing double is lost. And then there's the whole eye color difference, but other than that we were mirror images of each other. Dads say we look just like mom, though she says our attitudes mirror our fathers. Mama says I'm like Pa, short temper and all. Gracie is definitely the more hospitable and patient twin like Daddy.

We were walking past the office on our way down to front door when Mama called for us. I stopped and tapped Gracie on the shoulder.

"Mama wants to see us." I said and signed. Gracie might be good with reading lips, but it was still a hassle. This way she didn't have to work so hard to understand. The whole pack learned sign language when they found out that Grace was Deaf. Some, like Mama, Dads, Uncle Aaron and Aunt Tori stuck with it longer than others. Some members of the pack know just enough to get by, others rely on the fact that she can read lips and that I'm always by her side. Grace doesn't talk with her voice, when we were younger she was taking speech therapy but a boy at school said she sounded funny and she's never said a peep since. The day after the boy said she sounded funny he had a black eye and a missing tooth, I on the other hand had a broken finger and a smile on my face that was a mile long. I smiled slightly at the memory as we both walked in to the office side by side.

What's up? Gracie signed. Mama and Dads were in the office, Dads each at their own desk and Mama on the couch off to the side nursing a cup of coffee. Mama slowly put down the coffee and started signing while speaking.

"I want you two to stick together today when you go out. You've reached an age where meeting your mate is very high and if you two are anything like your fathers you'll share a mate. It's easier for the single mate to better understand that the bond is a triad if they see both mates at the same time."

"Mama... we always stick together. We know that accepting and being a part of a triad is harder than a pair... but why are you telling us this now? Did the Seer say something about today?" my hands flew as I spoke... it was second nature for me to communicate both visually and verbally.

"No... Margret didn't see anything. Call it a mother's intuition. I just want you two to have fun." She gave what we knew as her sad smile, though to a stranger it wouldn't look like she was covering up a sad memory. "When I was your age I didn't know what fun was anymore. All I knew was pain. It wasn't until I met your fathers that I started to remember what it felt like to be happy and loved. When I had the two of you I knew I was being given the family that was taken away from me. Even though the doctors said I wouldn't have any more children I was okay with that. I had you two... then your brother came along and I figured the Goddess was blessing me with more love in my life. I wouldn't have been able to accept this life if not for your fathers. And had they not shown up in my life at the same time I might not have stayed and I wouldn't have had my beautiful girls, or my rambunctious son. Being a part of a triad is difficult to wrap your head around, especially if you've grown up your whole life thinking that wolves mate in pairs. It's easier if two are together when they meet the third." Mama never spoke much of her life before meeting Dads and we were warned by Uncle Aaron and Aunt Tori to not bring it up.

We'll stay together Mama. You don't have to worry. Gracie gave one of her smiles and Mama nodded.

"Alright. Go have fun, we'll have cake and birthday celebrations when you get home." Gracie and I both went over to Mama and gave her a hug goodbye, then went over to Dads and did the same before running out the door and hightailing it out of the house to our motorcycles.