Chapter 17

Aiden's POV

My brother and I were meeting the North Sky pack's Alpha outside our pack house. I was not thrilled that we had to ask for help; but the truth was, we needed it. Plus after what Margret showed us, I was excited to meet my... our mate. Man this was going to be hard, sharing everything for your entire life was hard enough, but now I have to share the one person who was supposed to make me feel whole. I just hope she's not too freaked out by having two mates.

Men started coming out of the bushes in front of the pack house, North Sky pack is here. The Alpha stepped out from the crowd and walked towards us.

"Alphas Josh and Aiden Witwer... it's good to see you." Jeremy said

"You have no idea." My brother and I said at the same time, it must be a twin thing because we do it all the time, sometimes it annoys us and other people, sometimes it just freaks them out.

"You will have to excuse my pack trainer, had to run a few things off before meeting you both." Jeremy said as he shook our outstretched hands.

"It's no problem, just let us know when he gets here, we can't wait to meet him." I told him, although I was curious as to why the pack trainer had to 'run some things off'. Didn't they all run here?

"I'm sure." Jeremy said almost under his breath. That was weird.

"Well, let's get you all settled, shall we?" my brother said as he lead Jeremy to front door. Josh was always the more hospitable one; he always handles visiting packs and new members, were as I am the one who handles war and conflict.

"You will all be staying on the top floor, most of the rooms have at least two beds in them and there are ten bedrooms up there, should be enough to cover the lot of you." Josh said, yup, the hospitable one. Even though our parents loved us both equally Josh was mom's pride and joy where as I was dad's. Dad always wanted me to take over as Alpha alone and have Josh be beta, but then he saw I was missing the more pleasant attitude to being Alpha. That's when he decided to make us both Alphas. Sure some things are harder having two Alpha males in the house, and when a pack is visiting it causes tension to sky rocket, but my brother and I make it work as we even each other out.

We had been helping Alpha Jeremy and his pack get their bags up to their rooms when our beta, Daniel, came running up to us breathing heavy with wide eyes.

"Alphas, rogues..." he huffed out

"Were?" Josh and I asked together as Jeremy and another wolf tensed.

"The small clearing, two miles south," He rushed out as Jeremy, one of his wolves, Josh and I ran past him going to the clearing.

"You think it's her?" Jeremy asked the other wolf. My brother and I shared a look. Her?

"Possible. We'll know when we smell it." he said as he picked up his speed, wow this guy's fast. As we drew closer to the clearing I could smell the distinct scent of rogue wolves and blood, but there was a sweeter scent that captured all my attention; vanilla. The wolf that was with Jeremy sprinted in the direction of the clearing as worry set into both Josh and me, what if one of our pack members was hurt? What if the girl that Jeremy was talking about was hurt? All those questions soon vanished as I saw what was in the clearing. The bodies of rogues were scattered around the clearing, most unrecognizable now, but the wolf standing above the bodies captured my full attention, the vanilla scent was coming from her.