Chapter 9

Bayne's POV

I woke up this morning before anyone in the pack was up, around 3:15 am. I knew that the Alpha was going to tell the pack trainer that I would be taking over the elites... and I wasn't sure how he would react. Sure having a wolf as well trained as Bayne Silver was exciting, but finding out that I was not what most expected, and having me take a job that is already given to someone else... today might not be as easy as Jeremy would hope. I knew enough power hungry men to know that they don't normally like when a woman can do their job better than they can, and this trainer would be no different.

I decided that I would go for a run; get as much frustration out of my system so I wouldn't hurt anyone too badly, but also so I could get my morning workout done before the pack trainer knows what hit him. Dressing in a white singlet and running shorts that I found in the closet in the room I was sleeping in, I threw my hair up in a messy bun and left a short note for Aaron telling him I was running before heading out.

A couple laps around the territory should suffice for just an early morning run, and it wouldn't completely exhaust me before meeting the elite's; didn't want to make a bad impression on the trainer or the Alpha so I shouldn't show up too tired to train them, or with them, and I don't want to be too wound up that I explode and rip one of their heads off. I quickly started in a jog on two legs instead of four, and soon picked up my pace to a run.

I had probably run around the territory five times, and it was only 6:30. I quickly changed into a pair of faded denim jeans, keeping the singlet I had on and let my hair fall from its bun. As I walked to the back of the pack house I saw Aaron and the Alpha talking to a man who looked like he had been in a few fights, but nothing serious, with gray hair and some old age wrinkles around his eyes. I stayed in the bushes for a little longer, wanting to know what they were discussing.

"Alpha," The man I presume was the trainer lowered his head in respect to the Alpha. "Elites are looking good. Just a few more drills to perfect and I will have taught them everything I know, they will be untouchable." He said with confidence. Aaron let out a slight chuckle that even the Alpha would have trouble hearing.

"We'll see about that." Aaron said under his breath.

"And who are you?" the Trainer asked, obviously pissed that Aaron was questioning his training.

"Burt, this is Aaron. Aaron, this is Burt, he's our pack trainer." So that's his name. Aaron stepped forward and extended his hand for Burt to shake.

"What makes you think you are better than my elites?" Burt asked, obviously pissed off. Aaron just retracted his hand and chuckled again. "I'm sorry, did I say something funny?"

"No, it's just... I've been watching your drills, and you guys are in serious trouble." Aaron said light heartedly. Were they really that bad?

"What do you mean?" Burt asked now fuming.

"Burt, you ever heard of Bayne Silver?" Jeremy asked. I watched as Burt's head snapped from Aaron to the Alpha.

"I've heard of him, so?" Burt asked. Aaron just laughed under his breath and shook his head.

"Aaron, where is Bayne?" Jeremy asked.

"Woke up early and went for a run, just to let off steam." He answered

"Bayne is here?" Burt asked shocked, "Why does he need to let off steam?"

"So no one gets too hurt today." Aaron said with a smirk.

"What's going on here?" Burt asked