Chapter 35

Bayne's POV

My mind was racing, Tori was back. I didn't know what to think when I saw her walk in, all I knew was that the last time I saw her she had a bullet hole in her chest.

"Bayne? Everything okay?" Josh's voice pulled me back to reality. "Susan told us there was someone who wanted to talk to us. She said that she left the young lady in here with you." Aiden came through the door next. They both looked around, searching for anything out of the ordinary. It wasn't every day that someone walks up to the front door of the pack house and asks to speak to the Alpha.

"Uh, yah... She's with Aaron right now." My mind went back to when Aaron walked in on us earlier. He was shocked and confused. We both thought she was dead, we watched her take her last breath.

"Why are you thinking so hard?" Aiden asked me as he sat down on my right side.

"And why are we getting a strong sense of confusion from you?" Josh sat down on my left side and took my hand in his.

"The girl that wanted to talk to you, she's... um." I took a breath and chuckled under my breath. "It's Tori." I stared down at the rug under the coffee table and frowned slightly.

"Tori?"

"Tori as in the girl that helped you escape?" Aiden asked

"Tori as in the girl who took a bullet for Aaron?" Josh looked up at Aiden with a frown.

"Tori as in Aaron's mate?" They both asked together and looked at me for an answer.

"As in all of the above." I put my head in my hands and sighed.

"How?" It was like surround sound, they both had the same pitch and the same tone of voice. Although I could distinguish between the two of them who spoke without looking at them, when they spoke at the same time it threw me for a loop.

"She said the Goddess sent her back because she got in the way of her plans." I relayed all that Tori had told me and Aaron just minutes ago. When I was finished both Aiden and Josh had wide eyes and had a look on their face that screamed confusion. Honestly that's how I felt too. I was confused by the idea of coming back after so long and still being able to show love to someone so quickly. I shook my head and sighed.

"What is it... what's wrong?" Josh asked, his voice dripping with concern. I shook my head and stood up.

"Nothing, I just need to go for a run, that's all." Okay so it was a lie, but I didn't know how to tell them what I was feeling. Hell I didn't even know what I was feeling. It was like a cavity in my chest and a pit in my stomach. I wanted to hurl, but I didn't feel sick.

"No." Aiden's voice brought me back from my thoughts.

"Excuse me?" I was shocked he would talk to me like that. No one said 'no' to me.

"You're not ready to run yet. You are not going to go out there and hurt yourself." Aiden said as he crossed his arms in front of his chest. His muscles bulged and his jaw was set firm.

"I have to agree with Aiden, you're not ready. You just got back to walking on your own a few days ago. Running isn't the best idea yet. We could take a walk around the house, maybe to the field, but you're not going alone." Josh agreed with his brother, his voice was kind and sweet, but right now I wanted nothing more than to be alone... or at least that's what I think I want.