Chapter 27

Bayne's POV

Ugh I can't believe how tired I felt. My body ached all over, and I still couldn't move. I remember falling asleep with Josh and Aiden, and I remember them telling me their parents were here, and that their mother wanted to meet me, but I don't remember feeling so warn down.

Man, what happened? Why am I so tired?

I could hear Zachary and Aaron in the background, and Aiden and Josh were next to my bed, but I couldn't hear what they were talking about.

Well if Zachary and Aaron are back then maybe they know what's in the drug.

I heard Aaron say something, but couldn't make it out, "...her mates?" was all I caught.

"Would it work?"

"It might. I'm not exactly sure; I've never dealt with someone like Bayne. It might help her wolf fight off the verbena faster, but it might not do anything... There's really only one way to find out."

There's a way to get the verbena out of my body faster?

"I don't want to do it without talking to her about it..."

Josh really is the kind and considerate one.

"But if doing this means she gets better faster I'm willing to put up with all the threats that bastard has to throw at us, as long as she's okay and safe."

"I still don't want to do it unless she's okay with it."

Okay that's it, what the hell are they talking about?

I slowly opened my eyes and groaned when I was faced with the bright fluorescent lights.

"What's going on?" I asked I looked from Josh to Aiden, then to Aaron. They all looked like they were trying to hide something.

"How are you feeling sweetie?" Josh asked with concern written all over his face.

"Fine..." I frowned; they were avoiding my question, "What are you hiding?"

"Hiding? We're not hiding anything." Aiden said with a nervous laugh

"Aiden, I'm not stupid. Now tell me what's going on!"

"We think we have a way to speed up the process of getting the verbena out of your system." Aaron told me.

"What is it?" I asked cautiously, they were nervous for a reason.

"We think that by getting your wolf excited about something, like being marked by your mates, will help your wolf get rid of the verbena." Zachary said. What the hell?

"Absolutely not." I said calmly.

"We'll give you three some privacy." Aaron said as he pushed Zachary out of the room.

"Bayne, just listen for a sec..." Josh said once the door closed again.

"No, you listen; Sercko will kill you and everyone in your pack if he finds out. And by marking me you are ensuring that I will go into heat when we should be worried about protecting the pack and other wolves. Marking me will only result in getting me pregnant, putting everyone's life at risk, and the two of you becoming even more overprotective and possessive."

Twin AlphasOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara