Chapter 24

Josh's POV

It's been a week and Bayne still hadn't woken up, mom and dad got here a day after I called them and immediately picked up where we had left off in pack training with the help of Aaron and Jeremy. Aiden and I haven't left Bayne alone, and only leave her side when we need to eat or use the bathroom. Zachary told us four days ago his connections at the hospital had what we need to wake Bayne up, but couldn't get it until today, so hopefully today Bayne will open her eyes. I was sitting by Bayne's bed thinking about seeing those beautiful blue-green eyes again. I would even listen to her yell at us if it meant she was awake. I was pulled out of my thoughts when someone knocked on the door.

"Come in." Aiden called. I heard the door open then turned around to see Zackary standing there with some tools and a nurse.

"We're ready to wake her up." He told us. I walked over to her right side so Zackary had access to her IV and put my hand on her knee. "Now it won't be immediate, but it will be fast, and normally humans are tired after they wake up so if she wants to sleep, let her." Zackary told us. We both nodded. Zackary put the needle in the port of the IV and injected the serum. "Now we just wait, call me when she opens her eyes." and then he left the room.

I moved back over to her left and held her hand, mindlessly drawing circles on the back of it with one hand and playing with her fingers with the other. I hated seeing her like this, she looked like a damsel in distress, and that's not her. There was another knock at the door pulling me out of my thoughts once again.

"Come in." the door opened and Aaron walks in with a plate of food I had asked him to get for Bayne when she wakes up.

"Hey, thanks." I said Aaron just nodded and set the plate down on the little table. "So..." I didn't know what to say, Aaron was a mystery to everyone, he just popped up and helped out with training and most problems we had figuring Bayne out. No one really knew his story.

"Spit it out." He said as he leaned against the wall next to the door.

"What?" I asked with confusion, what was he talking about.

"You want to ask something." he said

"How do you know?" Aiden asked as he looked from Aaron to me, he must have been thinking the same thing because he looked shocked and confused.

"Something I picked up from Bayne and her lessons on hiding what you are truly feeling." He answered. "So, what do you want to know?" I looked at Aiden and shrugged, why not ask him.

"How did you meet Bayne?" I asked.

"My little brother, Robert, and I were taken by hunters after they killed my pack. I was seventeen at the time and Rob was fifteen, so they trained me using Rob to keep me inline, much like they used Bayne's younger sister to insure she didn't misbehave."

"Wait, Bayne has a sister?" Aiden asked.

"You have a brother?" I added.

"Had; I had a brother, he was killed when he found his mate." He corrected us.

"Why?" Aiden asked.

"They're monsters; who knows why they do anything." Aaron said with a shrug.

"Who was his mate?" I asked.

"Her name was Yvette, Bayne's sister." He told us.

"Damn" I said.

"Those bastards, how did Yvette handle it?" Aiden asked.