Chapter 6

Aaron's POV

He disappeared! He's gone, and we were so close to getting rid of Him forever. How the hell did He do that? Why the hell did the damn Alpha interfere? I stared at the place on the ground that was once covered with His battered body, Bayne was looking furiously around the surrounding woods searching for the bastard, but something was off. She didn't look right; her eyes were becoming droopy, she stumbled over her paws, she looked disoriented.

"Bayne?" I asked coming closer to her, she just kept looking around. Finally after walking around the area about three times she came over to me and showed me her side. I bent down, getting ready to pull His favorite dagger out of her side.

"We can have my pack doctor look at that for you." The alpha said, Bayne just growled at him, again with the pack doctor, didn't these pack wolves know anything about Bayne? Quickly I pulled the dagger out as the all too familiar suction sound rung through my ears. I don't know how she used to do it herself; I barely made it through pulling one dagger out. Once the dagger was out she shook her fur out, and cleaned her wound as best she could. I raised the dagger to my nose and sniffed it; there was the usual; wolvesbayne, silver, Bayne's blood. But there was something else there too, something I've never smelt before.

"Bayne, are you alright?" I asked her again, all she did was nod and start pacing the ground around us.

"If you need a place to stay, I have some extra rooms the two of you could use." I looked up at the alpha with confusion all over my face, "It's the least I could do after you saved my pack, and who else can say that they meet the legendary Bayne Silver?" he said smiling.

"Well, you would be the first to offer up a room, but there have been several alphas who have met us, twelve to be exact." I told him "The rest were not so happy that we were on their territory."

"Well, as long as you two are willing to follow some of my mate's rules, we shouldn't have a problem." He said smiling.

"What do you mean by rules?" I asked confused again.

"Nothing too dramatic: no shouting, no guns in the house, two legs once you pass the front door, that type of thing." Bayne growled at his last 'rule'.

"Bayne, you haven't shifted in over two months. Your body won't be able to handle much more of your wolf form. You have to change back some time, and the alpha is offering us a bed and a roof over our heads." I tried to reason with her.

"And food in your bellies." The alpha chimed in, probably wanting to see the human face of the infamous Bayne Silver. She just shook her head and huffed. "Well, if you don't want to shift, I guess you can stay in the cells, not as comfortable, but still." She thought for a moment then growled.

"Just for a few days, until you get all your strength back, then we'll be on our way." I confirmed. She looked from me to the alpha again then rolled her eyes; her 'whatever' put a smile on my face. I looked back at the alpha and out stretched my hand. "I'm Aaron by the way." He took my hand and shook it.

"Alpha Jeremy." He turned his attention to Bayne who was still pacing a little ways off.

"You wouldn't happen to have an extra set of clothing, a shirt and a pair of shorts?" I asked nodding to Bayne. Alpha Jeremy looked over at some of his pack members and nodded his head. One man turned, walked behind a tree, and came back with two pairs of shorts. I looked at him and almost laughed. "A shirt too." I reminded him.

"We don't keep shirts out here, that's the women's problem." The man with the shorts said smugly.

"You won't get Bayne to shift unless there's a shirt too." I told him blankly.

"Greg, go back to the house and get a shirt for Bayne." Alpha Jeremy said.

"Yes Alpha." Then he ran off.

"If you don't mind me asking," He looked at me questionably, and then he looked at Bayne, "Why is he so conservative, I mean someone like him shouldn't be embarrassed?" I chuckled at the thought of their faces when the found out Bayne was a she wolf, and seeing her bear chested no less. The alpha looked at me with raised eyebrows "What?"

"You'll see." I said shaking my head. The man, Greg, was back and handed me the shirt, I thanked him then went over to Bayne. She took the cloths glared at me then turned and went behind a tree. I heard the popping and cracking of her joints and bones, followed by a quiet rustling from her putting on the clothing.

"Shit." I heard her say, the pack men looked at the tree with surprise written all over their face, "That's going to scar." She said as she emerged, finally showing her face. Her brown hair coming down past her shoulders in messy tangled waves, her tone body being swallowed up by the baggy shirt and loose shorts the men handed her. She had one side of her shirt lifted up as she examined the fresh wound from the dagger. "That bastard figured out a way to make wolvesbayne stronger." She said with a scowl. She dropped her shirt and looked at the men in front of her. "What?" she asked in a slightly pissed off tone.

"Who are you?" Jeremy asked

"Alpha, this is Bayne Silver." I said smiling at his shocked face.

"But, she's... She's female." He said sounding astonished.

"So?" Bayne asked sarcastically and a little pissed off.

"So, you can't be Bayne." Another man said in a matter-o-fact tone of voice.

"Oh, she's the real deal. Trust me; I've spent over a century with her." I told them all.

"I don't understand." Alpha Jeremy said staring wide eyed at her.

"Good, the less you know the safer you are, and the less explaining I have to do." Bayne said as she walked off.