Chapter 5

Bayne's POV

It's been a year and a half since I left the compound and His group, and so far I've killed nearly all the Lead hunters, most of which were either Vampires or human, and all were shocked I was the one to end their pathetic life. Aaron has been doing some damage control with other packs; you could say he's like my liaison. He's the one who talks to all the pack alphas and betas about just passing through or letting us go to finish off the rest of the hunters.

At this point most of the packs have decided I'm not as large a threat to them as they once thought I was, and they are beginning to accept that I will be in their territory, kill some unwanted assholes, and then get my tail out. Some think it's great that I'm getting rid of them; others think I'm trying to show them up, not letting them handle it. I never shift in front of pack people, heck I hardly shift at all anymore. Aaron knows me well enough to pick up on the little things I try and tell him, without actually telling him.

We were currently headed to North Sky pack to take out probably the largest group of hunters yet, and rumor has it He was going to be there with his right hand man, Bardolph. I had listed all the Leads I could remember and found that He and Bardolph were the only two left that were Immortal. Aaron and I had made a promise to each other that we would destroy all the hunters in existence in order to repay Tori for her sacrifice, although nothing will ever really repay her for that. She gave us back our lives, and we couldn't save hers.

Aaron and I scoped out the territory, completely unnoticed by the pack patrols and found a large campsite that was crawling with hunters and rogues.

"Sir, we are ready to strike when you give the word." A tall man said.

"Very good, let's get into position; I want to be ready when Sercko shows his face." My heart started pounding, He was coming. I would finally be able to kill him, to free myself from him. He would die at my feet, begging me to save him, and then I would put him out of his misery so he could burn in hell.

"Bayne, we need to warn the North Sky pack." Aaron whispered next to me. I shook my head. I knew that if we told the pack we would lose our chance of killing Him. He would know it was a trap and wouldn't come. I turned away to go find a hiding place close to the pack house but still close enough to the camp so I could hear a little movement. Aaron was at my side within seconds, he and I had a different relationship than we did a year and a half ago. We hardly talk, but we don't need to, we communicate with our eyes and heads, our expressions speak louder than we do. Honestly, I don't know why I retreated into my wolf; I guess it was just easier to stay mysterious if I never went back to what I was before I became Bayne Silver: the 'male' wolf that kills everyone that crosses 'him', and now four legs was more comfortable than two.

About a half hour later I saw movement in the bushes across the clearing and knew that soon I would have my teeth sinking into hunters and ending their life, making it so they could never hurt another person ever again. Aaron shifted once he saw them and we let out our scent. Soon the pack would know that there were rogues close to their pack house and would come out to see what it was. The first rogue came out from under the cover of the trees and crept to the side of the house. Why hadn't the pack come out yet? I let out a huff and made my scent stronger, trying to get the packs attention, if only one member to realize someone was here. Soon another rogue came out of the trees, then another, then another.

Finally a teenage boy, no older than fifteen came out and caught the last glimpse of the fourth rogue. He dashed inside to get his alpha when their pack warriors started to show their faces. They took out the rogues while Aaron and I quickly and quietly took out the hunters. By the time the pack was done with the rogues Aaron and I were nearly done with our jobs. Aaron had gone after one guy that ran off and left me to deal with the last twenty.