Chapter 41

Bayne's POV

It's been a few weeks since Tori came back to the world of the living. She's been fully accepted into the pack, along with Aaron who hadn't been initiated into Twin Moon before because he wasn't sure he was ready to settle down yet. Tori helped him decide when she said she had had enough of the life on the run and wanted to be close to the people she knew before she died. Aaron and I had started up a new training schedule where I would train every Monday, Tuesday, and Friday, and Aaron would take Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Of course this sounded all well and good until I was uncharacteristically tired all the time. Aaron must have noticed too because he insisted that he take over my Monday training sessions. Tori ended up coming to the rescue when she said she would help train the women while Aaron trained the men and I was overseeing the whole thing and occasionally training a wolf one on one.

It worked, for a little while, until one day in training I was showing a young boy how to throw knives. I wanted to demonstrate but completely missed the target, the boy is the one who brought it to Josh and Aiden's attention. I wasn't getting enough sleep, or I was getting sick, I wasn't sure which, and frankly with me refusing to go to the doctors we had no way of finding out. It was common for older wolves to start slowing down and let's face it, I was five hundred seventeen years old.

Josh and Aiden called Zackary and asked him if there was anything that he knew of that could be causing me to be this tired, but he didn't have anything that came to mind. Then they called their mother to ask if this was something all females go through or if this was special to me, she also didn't know of anything that would make a physically healthy woman act this way. The only thing we could do to truly figure this out was to go to the doctor, and that was not a fight nether of them was willing to have with me. Aiden and Josh began doing a little bit of research themselves trying to see if any of their records from elder wolves mention anything about "my condition," but so far the only thing they've found is that one wolf centuries ago stated losing sleep and one day just didn't wake up. I told them they had nothing to worry about, I wasn't losing sleep I was just not getting enough, and when you sleep in between two wolves with a crazy sex drive that doesn't sound too surprising.

I was currently on our bed with Josh lying next to me on his side with one of his arms wrapped around me. I hadn't fallen asleep quite yet, but I was very close to the sweet oblivion that came at the end of every day. I knew that I wouldn't be able to completely fall asleep until Aiden was in bed with me too but I also knew he had a pressing matter with a neighboring pack that needed to be dealt with and wouldn't be able to get away until it was settled.

I was almost asleep when I heard the door to our bedroom open. I knew it was Aiden, he was the only one who had a reason to be coming in, and Josh was already in bed. I felt the bed dip as Aiden sat on the edge and brought my hand up and placed it lightly on his bicep.

"Hey... I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you." Aiden said when he saw me looking up at him. I hummed and reached for his hand. He smiled and looked at me a little closer. "How you feeling?"

"Tired." Aiden laughed a little and leaned down to kiss my forehead. I smiled, moved onto my back and closed my eyes, ready to fall back to sleep. I felt Josh stir a little then heard him start to talk with Aiden.

"Hey... how'd it go with the rep from Mountain Stream?"

"Mountain Stream's alpha wants to talk to both of us about the border lines between ours and theirs. Ugh I seriously don't like this whole diplomatic side of being an alpha." Aiden moved around and laid his head down on my stomach. His arm wrapped around my waist and he rubbed his head into my stomach and started grumbling.